User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust Options - Can anyone demonstrate in VIC?

Post Exhaust Options - Can anyone demonstrate in VIC?

Hi guys,

I have a MPS 6 (07) and am looking to replace the DP with a CP-E (Mazda MPS 6 CP-e Down Pipe | MPS Garage)

I am also looking to replace the CBE with something as well;

corksport; CorkSport MPS 6 Power Series 80mm Exhaust System | MPS Garage
    CP-E; Mazda MPS 6 CP-e cat back 3" dual exhaust | MPS Garage
    magnaflow; Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System for Mazdaspeed 6 #16609 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!
    other?

Does anyone have a setup in Vic where i can see what the CBE change is for idle and highway runs?

I am concerned that the corksport one might be too loud, the CP-E too expensive and the mangnaflow of poor quality.....

thanks!

afaik it goes like this:
    loudest = corksport, then cpe
    quitest is magnaflow
    build quality on all is good, welds are good

I have the cp-e with 2 resonators and its still droney (doesnt help with all the engine mounts replaced either), the corksport would be loud as hell without any resonators as it has the largest piping (80mm so its more like 3.15")
    all 3" exhausts (basically all except magnaflow which is 2.5") are going to drone on the MPS, its just how it is.
    You could always get a shop to custom fab you a Y piece at the axle back (its where the main restriction is on the 6) and just replace the mufflers to get some noise.
    There are very little gains to be had with CBE performance wise, its really just for noise.
    Last edited by dazza; 24-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

I have corksport n it was too loud that had to down size end bit to 2.5 with extra resonator

Thanks dazza, i might end up just getting the CP-E DP with a custom straight pipe + Y pipe, connected to the stock mufflers....or maybe just the CP-E DP....

I want a low rumble at idle (just audible) and a nice deep drone at medium/heavy throttle (yes i realise this is V8 territory....)

I've just got a rear Y piece done and it's plenty loud.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4