User Tag List

Thread: New member with September 07 MPS 6 - Help required!

Smile New member with September 07 MPS 6 - Help required!

Hello all. Well about 2.5 years ago i decided i wanted an MPS 6 and last weekend i purchased one.

I now understand what you all were ranting on about

Here are some quick images - ill do some better ones soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	15254

Name:	Picture2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	631.6 KB 
ID:	15255

Name:	WP_20130914_16_22_38_Pro.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	639.2 KB 
ID:	15250

Name:	WP_20130914_16_23_10_Pro.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	15253

One thing i have noticed is that when i shift from 0->1, 1->2, 2->3 and sometimes 3->4 there is a 'clunk' in what i believe is the rear diff......
    It doesn't seem to matter what speed i am going, how hard / soft i shift or anything else. From reading around the forums here it seems like i might need to replace my diff mounts....

I have looked into it and found these two might be best......

Mazda MazdaSPEED6 xFlexâ„¢ Rear Differential Mount | cp-eâ„¢
    Products | Turbine Tech

anyone have any thoughts on these two?

In any case, i plan on having this car until it falls apart and it is time to get modding. I don't plan on driving hard, but i do plan on having fun where i can and am looking to get these mods done initially:

1. Front engine mount $299.00 Products | Turbine Tech
    2. Rear engine mount $109.99 Mazdaspeed 6 Rear Motor Mount by CorkSport
    3. Rear Sway Bar $199.99 CORKSPORT Mazdaspeed 6 Rear Swaybar
    4. Short Ram Intake $249.99 Mazdaspeed 6 SRI | Stage II Power Series Short Ram Intake
    5. Cold Airbox For SRI $89.99 CORKSPORT 'Power Series' Air Box For The SRI System
    6. Turbo Back Exhaust System $1,217.99 CORKSPORT MS6 | Back Exhaust System
    7. Rear Differential Mount $269.00 Mazda MazdaSPEED6 xFlexâ„¢ Rear Differential Mount | cp-eâ„¢
    8. Front Differential Mount $239.00 Products | Turbine Tech

All these prices are American so i don't know what it would actually cost me...

What are your thoughts + other recommendations?

Thanks guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130914_16_22_50_Pro.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	694.0 KB 
ID:	15252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130914_16_22_59_Pro.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	15251  
    Last edited by wsDKII; 24-09-2013 at 08:48 AM.

the mounts on our cars are a bit...
    CPE and the upcoming corksport seem to be the best ones available atm...
    also, as soon as you start touching the exhaust, make sure you do the fuel pump as well, for $400, it's well worth the insurance on your engine
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'd get under the car and check that your rear diff mount is the cause, the rubber will be wrecked or the whole thing broken. If its just the rubber you can replace just that but I'd go with the whole mount that you linked.
    Don't worry about the front diff mount, only needed for big power.
    Next the rear motor mount, I've got the cp-e, the Corksport I can't comment on. There is also JBR who also does matching side mounts and is recommended by the USA guys

Before sri and exhaust get an Accessport to tune and fuel pump internals, that is the number one safety mod for getting more power.

Thanks SarcasticOne, are you able to recommend a fuel pump model to get?

FYI I'm not planning on doing anything quickly until i understand everything that is involved.

Thanks cletusb. When you say "front diff mount, only needed for big power" what is big power? i am intending to have the ECU tuned by the Horsepower Factory (maybe) and would probably be looking to run 30-40 more kW from stock.

I have no experience with Accessport or any ECU modding myself......have you done it to yours?

I run both the cp-e rear and tt front diff mount. If you can afford to do the front I would do it while the rear is getting done, especially if you are installing yourself. The rear is the important one however... What I would be doing for the front if you are keeping the stock one is removing the bolts and putting red loctite on them so the bolts dont come loose and shear. Another option is get replacement bushings for the front mount rather than a whole new mount.
    Beauty of aftermarket front mount is the TT attaches to 1 or 2 more points on the front of the diff to the chassis so it holds it in place. The OEM front diff mount is a POS and is only held in with a couple bolts.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    Thanks SarcasticOne, are you able to recommend a fuel pump model to get?

FYI I'm not planning on doing anything quickly until i understand everything that is involved.
    Autotech Internals are the best internals to date.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Autotech Internals are the best internals to date.
    Thanks dazza

Ill probably have to get the mounts soon as well, although i dont think ill be able to install them myself (never done mounts before and as this car is my dream car, i don't want to stuff it up)

Welcome to the club mate...oh and to the radiant ebony owners club...getting quite a few on the forum now, seems to be the colour of choice

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    Welcome to the club mate...oh and to the radiant ebony owners club...getting quite a few on the forum now, seems to be the colour of choice
    Yea i love the colour - my car has a few scratches that need to be cleared up....but i have been quoted about $2,000 so will have to wait a fair while.....!

too bad you are in QLD! I'm looking forward to going to a meet / drive in VIC.

Skip hpf and buy an accessport and etune. There are plenty of options around including one of our sponsors stratified who are arguably the most experienced in the business for our platform.

It's very easy to do, @slixx has a thread here on his experience. You don't need tuning knowledge to participate.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

FYI the corksport power series CBE is pretty loud, if you live in tight residentual area I wouldn't suggest it but if you hate your community go for it!

Welcome and good to see another 6 in the club, and in Vic.

Hope to see you at a meet soon.