User Tag List

Thread: Lumos - '06 6 MPS

1. Default Lumos - '06 6 MPS

Hi all, time for a intro thread me thinks.

First off, confession. This isn't my car, it's my girlfriends. I WISH it was my car, and I drive it like it's mine....but it's not lol.
    She doesn't really DO forums but she will probably still post from time to time, the main reason I signed up is to get advice on mods and other info....the usual
    I drive a pretty slow 4x4 so I get all my go fast out of my system driving Lumos hahah.

First picked up...
    [IMG][/IMG]

First and most important mod :P
    [IMG][/IMG]

It now has dark grey bonnet stripes, red callipers, lower profile tyres and custom missing tow hook cover courtesy of a "too slow" curlew.
    Also updated all interior lighting with white led, same with parkers, plus RGB led footwell lighting. Getting all the cheap cosmetics out of the way before we start burning money.

Might make a build thread later, but for now, HI GUYS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	307399_10151488963009095_1191747261_n.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	15186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	547344_10151584599479095_220706503_n.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	15187  

Welcome to you both.
    Nice to see another clean white MPS6.
    @rogwick should provide some inspiration...
    Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 20-09-2013 at 10:28 AM.

3. Default

Looks great! Love the white 6mps great colour.

First mod mod get an air intake for turbo sounds lol

4. Default

Haha cheers buddy. Yeah first real mods will probably be a cobb intake with TIP and a GFB Respons. Get choo choo noises happening :P

White 6s are awesome, good luck with your build.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 4

Hey buddy and welcome! Nice car your girlfriend has!

As mentioned above I have a white MPS6 and done a bit to it, welcome to check it out if you like for a bit of inspiration, tips/advice. I've carried a fair bit of mechanical & cosmetic looks, in fact I need to update the page significantly....again! I now have a carbon fibre roof and side skirts. I'll attach the latest image I've taken to give you an idea. Still need to get around to getting some nice clean detailed shots.

If you want my 2c, first mods I would recommend is lowered (springs or coilovers) as it makes it a whole different car to drive, get an intake (either CAI or SRI) add an STi front lip (I've had many comments about this so it's definitely an eye catcher), change the stock lighting by swapping out the HID globes as well as change over to LED's, the yellow 5w wedge globe make the car look dated and that's about it to start

Plenty more mods I can recommend, just depends how far you want to take it, how much time/cash you want to spend & if you like it to look a bit different. Entirely up to you/your girlfriend. Tell her to swing by the forum or post on her behalf, tsall good!

**Edit, disregard my comments on LED lighting etc. Didn't read the bottom of your post until just then. But just to mention while on topic, I've changed my door interior lights to blue, so effectively when I open the door at night the ground and interior light up blue
    Last edited by rogwick; 23-09-2013 at 11:19 AM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

7. Default

Sick car mate, I have seen yours kicking around on google when I was having a quick look for ideas. Funnily enough before seeing yours I actually already thought of the roof wrap and side skirts, it's good to see what it would actually look like (mad)
    but it's been put on the back burner for now, those same 6 cds get old real quick so we're looking around for a GROM handsfree/ipod unit.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, we seem to think same same! Yeah, it's probably on google image search but it's most likely referencing the images posted on this forum. It is always a handy thing to see mods already installed to give a better idea on what it looks like! The skirts are a bit tricky to wrap and cut, the roof is relatively easy but requires 2 maybe 3 people to help out.

I just have the stock unit. I don't have an ipod or anything so just burn CD's once a while. Would be nice to upgrade but don't wish to spend the cash

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers