User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Random Question Thread

Default The Official Random Question Thread

Hi ladies and gentlemen
    First of all, big thanks to @GibbA for coming up with this idea. I thought why not start a thread for general/MPS related questions which can be answered straight away by experienced members and does not require a thread. This thread will also provide a quick reference point for commonly asked questions. I will try to regularly update the original post with the answered inquiries.

----------
    Q. Complete LED bulb replacement for GEN2 HERE Thanks to @AzzA SP20
    Q. How to change indicator bulbs? HERE

Q. My auto windows are not working correctly after disconnecting the battery. What should I do?
    A. Firstly connect the battery :-P wind the windows up and hold the switch for about 5-10 seconds. It should fix the issue.You will also notice that all your personal settings such as radio channels, seat settings are changed and you need to set them again..
    Last edited by gurusev; 25-10-2013 at 10:31 PM.

In the interests of keeping this to the point, no banter, if you have an answer, provide facts. Don't "reply with quote" to overly large posts.

So people can't ask about that rash they have...?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    So people can't ask about that rash they have...?

You never fail to surprise me.. Lol if the rash is car related, go for it :-P

TAP DAT!!

I've been getting this rash from my car seats. Any recommendation a cream I should use?

Thanks for making the thread @gurusev, good idea about updating op with questions answered.
    I think it will be a good idea to point new members to this thread, and then in turn, can use this to point people in the right direction.

I hope it ends up being a good resource.

--edit--

Actually I do have a question, and it's for all those with the 2008 sports model MPS with the suede.

Have you used any kind of water protectant on the suede? ie, you buy shoes with suede, and you need to "water proof" them, has anyone used this 'water proofing' on the suede in their car?
    I thought of it the other day because it was raining, and opening the door means water gets on the suede insert in the door.
    Interested if anyone has done this.
    Last edited by GibbA; 19-09-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I think someone asked about this on facebook however he/she did'nt the answer. This is the way i've changed mines, much easier.

Q. How to change indicator bulbs?

- Remove the bolts holding the wheel well to the body (3 bolts under the bumper corner, and 2 plastic screws holding the plastic wheel well to the bumper). This is what you also need to do to access the fog bulbs.
    - Pry away the wheel well
    - Insert your arm from under the car, reach up until your hand finds the blinker bulb connector.
    - Change bulb

Looks like this thread is not getting much action. Anyways, I got a quick question for everyone. 40k service is coming up, I was wondering how much should I expect for a service and what needs to be replaced except the usual..

TAP DAT!!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10277

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10277

Thanks mate, I assume that would be the same for gen2

TAP DAT!!

10. Default

Gents,
    I am planning on changing oil and filter on my MPS. I was looking at NAPA gold/WIX filters as they regarded as decent filters over in usa however I cant seem to find the correct filter. On their website, they have two filters which are

2009 model = Cartridge style filter( Part no.57203)
    2010 model = Spin on lube filter( part no. 51348)

So, I am not sure which one is suitable for us over here.

Thanks

@GibbA, @azzasp25 @DarkSoul

You will use spin on style. All gen 2's have spin on filter. The reason why the 2009 model is cartridge, is because the gen1 ran until 2009 in the US, where as 2009 was when the gen2 started here.
    Can't recommend what you should get, i'm going to use the filter supplied with my spin on kit when I install in a few weeks.

Can help you tag azza properly though
    @AzzA SP20
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

12. Default

@gurusev
    Just have a quick look under the car... its becomes pretty obvious which type of filter you have.

Anyway... as above... being a gen2 you will have spin on.
    And I just use genuine mazda filters

You could save money and buy Ryco brand filter rather than genuine.
    Mazda don't make filters, they contract them out to probably Ryco, have their name put on and charge more.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    You could save money and buy Ryco brand filter rather than genuine.
    Mazda don't make filters, they contract them out to probably Ryco, have their name put on and charge more.
    except mazda dealer charges me $11 for the filter with new crush washer for bung.

where as super cheap ryco = $16

Not a bad deal then, they used to charge me $24 or $21ea if I bought two. Which I usually did, one for me one for dad

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Not a bad deal then, they used to charge me $24 or $21ea if I bought two. Which I usually did, one for me one for dad
    Yeah...
    I deal pretty regularly with one of the guys in spares.
    he always liked both my cars... and always complained about how all dealerships charge to much for spares... so i get cost price

Just have to make sure i am there the same day as he is though

@gurusev Here is the Gen2 ryco oil filter that i use ..
    Been using them for a while now and had no issues at all
    Search Part : Ryco Oil Filter | Z632 Oil Filter | MAZDA MAZDA3 :: Ryco Filters :: Automotive Filters Australia

Pick them up from Supercheap for $11.50 and always available.
    Ryco Oil Filter - Z632 - Supercheap Auto Australia

Looked at buying from the US but couldnt wait and no savings dollar wise.

Good luck with your search though

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    @gurusev
    Just have a quick look under the car... its becomes pretty obvious which type of filter you have.

Anyway... as above... being a gen2 you will have spin on.
    And I just use genuine mazda filters
    Thanks mate, I was pretty sure that it was a spin on however for some reason over in US,they were still using the cartridge filter.. anyways, I am getting about 5 of them, if anyone needs them let me know. Apparently, they are better filters then OEM and equivalent to royal purple and K&N gold ones at half of the price..

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPSed View Post
    @gurusev Here is the Gen2 ryco oil filter that i use ..
    Been using them for a while now and had no issues at all
    Search Part : Ryco Oil Filter | Z632 Oil Filter | MAZDA MAZDA3 :: Ryco Filters :: Automotive Filters Australia

Pick them up from Supercheap for $11.50 and always available.
    Ryco Oil Filter - Z632 - Supercheap Auto Australia

Looked at buying from the US but couldnt wait and no savings dollar wise.

Good luck with your search though
    Thanks mate, They are good filters as compared to OEM price wise..

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    Yeah...
    I deal pretty regularly with one of the guys in spares.
    he always liked both my cars... and always complained about how all dealerships charge to much for spares... so i get cost price

Just have to make sure i am there the same day as he is though
    Mate's rates

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    Hi ladies and gentlemen
    First of all, big thanks to @GibbA for coming up with this idea. I thought why not start a thread for general/MPS related questions which can be answered straight away by experienced members and does not require a thread. This thread will also provide a quick reference point for commonly asked questions. I will try to regularly update the original post with the answered inquiries.

----------
    Q. Complete LED bulb replacement for GEN2 HERE Thanks to @AzzA SP20
    Q. How to change indicator bulbs? HERE

Q. My auto windows are not working correctly after disconnecting the battery. What should I do?
    A. Firstly connect the battery :-P wind the windows up and hold the switch for about 5-10 seconds. It should fix the issue.
    You will also notice that all your personal settings such as radio channels, seat settings are changed and you need to set them again..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast