User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official Random Question Thread

Old timer pfft ...oh wait

Allstar at Brendale are no longer in business :-(

Hey @Bec, I can personally vouch for All Star Tuning, Richo (who installed and tuned my haltech piggyback) knows our platform like the back of his hand. As he has (or still is) assisting with the tuning of the Grand Prix Gen2 that is doing quite well in it's category at the Australian Manufacturing Championships. My results were solid and the car ran very reliably for 2 years @200kws coupled with their Twin DP and the original mild steel 3in exhaust.

All this said I have recently moved away from the haltech as the technology doesn't allow the "tuning freedom" you get from the Cobb AP. In my personal experience though, I don't believe the Cobb is a silver bullet solution if it's more power you are after, I believe the 2 tuning solutions net similar results (with comparable mods). What is exciting about the Cobb AP is the fact that you get a lot more ownership of the tuning process as it's very simple and convenient to use. Step 1 - purchase Cobb AP, Step 2 - Pair device to car's ECU, Step3- load OFS (off the shelf) map onto ECU for instant tune! If more power is your thing (above the OTS map) and you have the mods to support it custom tuning is just as simple. Some data logging & some one on one time with a reputable E Tuner such as Richtune, Stratified, FreekTune or Rayd will yield you some very good results. Flexibility is also a plus...For example if you bolt on an extra mod your tuner is just a data log, then email away from arranging a revision of your custom tune to get the most out of said mod.

Lastly @Yeldarb could be a little biased and unreliable...VR isn't the best colour Celestial Blue Mica is...oh hang on, we're talking about tuning solutions right? Anyways, we're always just a coffee away if you ever want to catch up with a couple wanna-be MPS Modders (we don't bite...well not hard anyway). You may even get to see a random RX-7 FD floating around @70DDD (if you're into that sorta thing)
    Last edited by LRRH; 13-06-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MissJody View Post
    Allstar at Brendale are no longer in business :-(
    Wow, is this official?

Who's not into pervin on FDs .
    But I do own an MPS if you're into that sorta thing

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    Wow, is this official?
    Yes doors closed months ago. He now just seems to be doing the race car. @Laxy can confirm. I was taking my car there for servicing
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123