User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake pads

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    @MPSDONE. This isn't Facebook. You need to make a contribution to expect people to contribute to you questions. Just google the things, see what pops up. Share it here and we give you advice. I've already given you a bloody good start. @gslrallysport are the go.

GSL Rallysport - The Motor Sport Revolution!

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    lucky for u @MPSDONE this aint msf either

From what ive read the qfm a1rm for track was the ones squealing due to the harder compound. The qfm hpx that I have doesnt squeal hot or cold. however ive got the trw on the mps 6 and is very impressed with it but lots and lots of dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    On a Gen 1 MPS3 - Was Hyperteched.....

I'll 2nd the Hawks on stock rotors, very responsive pad, either nil heat in the pads or reached temp with limited brake dust issues

Also have used the FERODO 2500's................... A very aggressive pad with better stopping power than the Hawks, as a consequence I'd say the rotors will need to be replaced early. However, well worth it with nil compromise, as a matter of fact the Ferodos 2500's are my pick of the bunch!!

I found the Hawks & Ferodos of very good quality, especially the metal backing clips. Unfortunately tried the QFM pads previosly & was not happy with their performance. Very squeaky no matter what conditon. The overall quality of the pad & rear metal clips was well below the Hawks & Ferodos.... My 2c worth...
    Yes im looking at swapping my QFM's out on the rear soon
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    I found the Hawk ceramics are a great pad, no squeal, very little dust, hand brake still worked great took about 5000-10000ks to get pads in the back settled. If you want a street pad I rate them highly and they stop well when your on a spirited run. Worked very well with stock rotors
    Hopefully it's the same in my case. Getting stoptech drilled and slotted with hawk premium ceramic.. Can't wait for it..

TAP DAT!!

To many people want it to MSF, nothing wrong with being a new member, taking on opinions, buying what you want and then commenting on what you found with the decision you made. Pull your head in Australia.
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 18-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.

I may have come in a bit heavy. Don't take it personally. But people come on here, ask questions, make zero effort of thier own and expect links, prices, etc etc. The best part about this forum is that people will provide just that.

All I'm asking is that you contribute, be part of this community and donate a few dollars to support its high standards of operation. You would be amazed how members respond.

Back on topic.

Get your credit card our, warn the family they will be on Home brand for a while and go here for pads... And everything else...

http://www.edgeautosport.com/categor.../mazdaspeed-3/
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I may have come in a bit heavy. Don't take it personally. But people come on here, ask questions, make zero effort of thier own and expect links, prices, etc etc. The best part about this forum is that people will provide just that.

All I'm asking is that you contribute, be part of this community and donate a few dollars to support its high standards of operation. You would be amazed how members respond.

Back on topic.

Get your credit card our, warn the family they will be on Home brand for a while and go here for pads... And everything else...

http://www.edgeautosport.com/categor.../mazdaspeed-3/
    MSF much?? Lol..

TAP DAT!!

8. Default

@Yeldarb & sarcaticone Not saying this is facebook but I cant make contributions to the conversation when I don't even no what I am doing its my first time changing the brake so I guess this is a learning curve for me but thanks for all your help much appreciated. Will have to do more research but Hawks are sounding like a good option. But I only just signed up 2 days ago I am still trying to work out this whole site sorry if I offended you
    Last edited by MPSDONE; 19-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Default My 0.02c

Brakes: I will be going HAWK HPS or HAWK Ceramic. Both are low noise/dust and streetable.

NOOB questions: Perhaps we should start a brake pad/disc review thread (same format as tyre review). That way new members can see results and hopefully limit the number of threads reated. If they need ask a question they could also post in those threads and not spam up the forum with new threads.

One option is a "Random Question" thread. Was one of these over at AstinaGT. Is great just to post in and ask a question, quickly get pointed in the right direction. If this was made and mentioned in a welcome PM it would reduce the need for these threads.
    A random q thread + the above mentioned idea by @DAN MPS 3 would be a good combination. My 0.02c.

Back to topic though, thanks everyone for their input to, I've been reading and taking it in as i will be buying new pads soon and it's been helpful
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Brakes: I will be going HAWK HPS or HAWK Ceramic. Both are low noise/dust and streetable.

NOOB questions: Perhaps we should start a brake pad/disc review thread (same format as tyre review). That way new members can see results and hopefully limit the number of threads reated. If they need ask a question they could also post in those threads and not spam up the forum with new threads.
    I'll post my review soon for either hawk HPS/PC and stoptech drilled/slotted rotors..

TAP DAT!!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    One option is a "Random Question" thread. Was one of these over at AstinaGT. Is great just to post in and ask a question, quickly get pointed in the right direction. If this was made and mentioned in a welcome PM it would reduce the need for these threads.
    A random q thread + the above mentioned idea by @DAN MPS 3 would be a good combination. My 0.02c.

Back to topic though, thanks everyone for their input to, I've been reading and taking it in as i will be buying new pads soon and it's been helpful
    GibbA, that's a pretty good idea. I may start it tonight..

TAP DAT!!

I have Hawk HPS , low noise and dust , work well

I have Wilwood bbk for front (with stock Wilwood pad), and was recommended stoptech street pads for rear to match. Both on order.

Will post back when arrived and installed in ~2weeks

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    I have Wilwood bbk for front (with stock Wilwood pad), and was recommended stoptech street pads for rear to match. Both on order.

Will post back when arrived and installed in ~2weeks
    Let us know if they fit under stock wheels! They are next ok my list !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12