User Tag List

Thread: Error Code P1010

Default Error Code P1010

I got a error code P1010, car didn't drop in power or do anything strange I have had this 2 times now. I researched it and is related to MAF, Boost leak, Air leak intake. I got it 2 weeks ago after I washed my car, I also washed down engine I cleared it no more issue. Than driving home tonight I got it again IT WAS RAINING... So I took the top of the airbox off and I can see signs of water (water mark) on the bottom of it. BUT how can it get water past the K&N filter!! Or am I looking for something else....
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 16-09-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Any areas it can get in there where you modified it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Any areas it can get in there where you modified it.
    all the way to the Mani

lol possibly where you modified around the maf housing or anything where the air/water can get in the air box after the air filter.

This code usually indicates an intake leak or a dirty MAF.
    It also happens on Gen IIs with larger MAF housings due to multiple breakpoints, for some reason the ECU doesn't enjoy it lol
    If that's the case you can disable the code in ATR.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    This code usually indicates an intake leak or a dirty MAF.
    It also happens on Gen IIs with larger MAF housings due to multiple breakpoints, for some reason the ECU doesn't enjoy it lol
    If that's the case you can disable the code in ATR.
    I have cleared it. Its done it 2 times when water has been involved, I will see if it comes back again and when!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    I have cleared it. Its done it 2 times when water has been involved, I will see if it comes back again and when!
    Don't just clear it, disable that bastard so it can't come back..but it is a good idea to do a leak test to make sure there isn't a serious problem.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Luke .just to confirm code P1010 , does it say Maf circuit fault out of range or error.
    extremely strange for water or water mark to be on top side of filter ??? , bottom side (inlet ) i could possibly understand ,especially with cold intake plumbing / ducting such as yours ????
    I occasionally get P0101 which relates to (Maf error ) due to size of my intake ,but again only when very cold outside air and giving the car some hurry up.
    Check the code and reply > . What what Rayd has said ,Gen 2 ecu is a bitch some times .
    Intake leak detector ,easy to make ( PVC fittings and cap with a good quality tyre valve fitted ) clamp to intake and use compressed air to test for leak > but do not use high pressure !.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Luke .just to confirm code P1010 , does it say Maf circuit fault out of range or error.
    extremely strange for water or water mark to be on top side of filter ??? , bottom side (inlet ) i could possibly understand ,especially with cold intake plumbing / ducting such as yours ????
    I occasionally get P0101 which relates to (Maf error ) due to size of my intake ,but again only when very cold outside air and giving the car some hurry up.
    Check the code and reply > . What what Rayd has said ,Gen 2 ecu is a bitch some times .
    Intake leak detector ,easy to make ( PVC fittings and cap with a good quality tyre valve fitted ) clamp to intake and use compressed air to test for leak > but do not use high pressure !.
    Water was sitting in the bottom of the air box.- Dirty mass air flow sensor
    - Dirty mass air filter
    - Mass air flow sensor harness is open or shorted
    - Mass air flow sensor electrical circuit poor connection
    - Intake air leaks
    - Faulty mass air flow sensor
    - Faulty throttle position sensor

Have you tried cleaning MAF with a proper MAF cleaner?
    CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner | Protect and clean Mass Air Flow Sensor
    will get rid of dirt / water etc from your MAF