User Tag List

Thread: Deceptor Pro II BOV in Mazda 3 MPS

1. Default Deceptor Pro II BOV in Mazda 3 MPS

Hey everyone,

So this is my first post, hopefully its in the right sections :s

Today i tried installing a Deceptor Pro II and a boost controller into my gen 1 3MPS, took me a while to do, but finally got all the hosing done, and all the wiring, everything was working fine. I came to take it for a spin, everything seemed okay, but when I got back, there was a weird smell. Popped the hood, and the hose sitting between the t piece to read the vacuum pressure for the boost controller had ripped/melted. turns out there was a lot of friction from the hose hitting the inside of the hood, which is probably leading to a fair bit of boost leak, which is a huge waste So does anyone know if theres a way to either rotate the top of the Deceptor pro II so that the nipple doesnt face directly up? Or has anyone else had any similar problems??

Cliffs
    -Installed Deceptor Pro II and gforce2 parts today
    -took car for a spin, started to wear away at one of the tubes
    -need to know if I can rotate the top of the Deceptor Pro II top

Ive added a photo, although its not that clear

And thanks in advance for any info!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ripped hose.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	15147  

Welcome

Is this a gen1 or gen2?
    I'm surprised that it was the bonnet rubbing on that hose, are you sure it was?

I doubt friction would cause enough HEAT to melt hose like that too, perhaps more likely rubbing on something sharp in the vicinity... More pictures?
    Also, general advice is not to run a vent to atmosphere BOV as it essentially is removing metered air from the system, making the car run rich (not helping your problem) when the throttle is released (also not helping your cats)
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

3. Default

Yeah, theres a little mark on the hood from where it was rubbing, i'll take some more pics when theres a bit more light

The deceptor pro 2 is adjustable from inside the car, ill probably have it running full recirc most of the time, but just thought itd be "fun" to have the option

But did you have any experience with the top of the BOV, its got 4 screws, was wondering if i could pull it apart and rotate it, just couldnt find much info about it anywhere

4. Default

This exact thing has been happening to me lately!
    I replaced the tube yesterday and it rubbed through the pipe is just one drive!
    I also have marks on my bonnet shroud from where it was rubbing... I might look into seeing if you can rotate the top of the BOV

5. Default

So if you undo the 4 screws on top (be careful when undoing the last one as there is a compressed spring inside and it will pop out)

You can then rotate the top around so the tube isn't pointing up... You may need to get a longer tube though.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Furrymeatball View Post
    So if you undo the 4 screws on top (be careful when undoing the last one as there is a compressed spring inside and it will pop out)

You can then rotate the top around so the tube isn't pointing up... You may need to get a longer tube though.
    lifesaver, fixed it all up and boost is back baby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130916_153853.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	15173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130916_153904.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	15172  
    Last edited by gindz; 17-09-2013 at 09:24 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gindz View Post
    lifesaver, fixed it all up and boost is back baby
    Glad it's all good now
    2008 MPS3 Sports Pack - Metro Grey

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]