User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fit IPOD adapter to Mazda 6

Default Fit IPOD adapter to Mazda 6

1. remove glove box.

2. plug it in.

Photo from Blackbetty - thanks BB!

OMG are you serious... this is how easy it is? I paid them $200 in labour to do this.

3. Default

Yep even I could do it

Im pissy now... i got the unit for $70 it cost more in installation.. Why did it take them so long. imean really.. come on... lols well now i no what to do with the RX-8 had the unit sittign there for 3 years cause we have not had the time to take it in to mazda. hope its just as simple.

Latool - RX8 installation is same as Mazda 6...(big smile).
    Thread jack - when your engine mount failed/sagged...did you get vibrations and gear changes become notchy?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Latool View Post
    Im pissy now... i got the unit for $70 it cost more in installation.. Why did it take them so long. imean really.. come on... lols well now i no what to do with the RX-8 had the unit sittign there for 3 years cause we have not had the time to take it in to mazda. hope its just as simple.
    Latool, can you let me know what type of iPOD adpater is $70? Would it fit iPhone 3G?

7. Default

There's no way to control the ipod with the steering wheel control, is there?

No, if you get pretty much any of the ipod adapters that hook up like this one does then your steering wheel controls will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Latool View Post
    OMG are you serious... this is how easy it is? I paid them $200 in labour to do this.
    wow who charged u 200???...

I got mine done at JB-Hifi for $40 bux lol

10. Default

Where would i get one of the adaptors from?

I got mine off ebay, there was a group buy around ages ago, so I doubt there are any left from that. Still might be an idea to look at this http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...-usb-link.html

im a bit late to the show...but im not too keen on just a cable going into the source (eg ipod) as i want to be able to NOT operate the ipod whislt driving and use the cars unit.

those charmakers seem perfect for what i want eg...out of sight being able to plug a usb stick/harddrive or ipod directly into it and using the cars controls...how do i get hold of one? (any online shops in oz?) or is ebay the best bet?

13. Default

Hey JohnnyC - have you had any luck? I want to do the same - sick of having to listen to CD's - so 90's!

Hi All

I have just read the link on this post re the group buy,

I want one. Is there anything available locally for a reasonable price, not too keen on ebay

i have a audiolink adaptor which i need to sell if anyone is interested

Sorry Noob here but has anyone got/ used one of these before???

MAZDA 3 / 6 MEDIA CABLE IPOD IPHONE - CHARGES (eBay item 300486815675 end time 28-Nov-10 11:46:56 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Is this the Audiolink your talking about???

Excellent, I must do this

How do you remove the glove box?

on the 6 you open it then you squeeze the sides in i'm pretty sure

got the thing out but now I can't get the thing back on haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast