User Tag List

Thread: Any problems lowering a GenII with king springs?

1. Default Any problems lowering a GenII with king springs?

Hey just looking at lowering my GenI using king springs and just wondering if its just a case of straight swapping the old with the new or is there something else required.

The rear wheels dont camber in slightly at all?

cheers guys

jono
    Last edited by JB MPS; 09-09-2013 at 09:39 PM.

2. Default

Gen 1 or gen 2? There are a few ppl using lowered springs on stock shocks/struts. You might find that upgraded shocks would suit the stiffer springs.

3. Default

sorry mate the title i missed type it is a GenI

thanks mate

4. Default

Thanks for the info on the upgraded shocks mate i'll look into it

cheers
    jono

Quote Originally Posted by JB MPS View Post
    Thanks for the info on the upgraded shocks mate i'll look into it

cheers
    jono
    You want a bit of negative camber in the rear to help with the retarded tyre wear the MPS has. Lowering will give you around -.5 to -1 depending how low you get I would imagine. Can swap springs straight over, your shocks might cark it eventually but see how you go.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Typically if you lower a Gen 1 or Gen 2, you will see around -1.8 on the drivers side, and roughly -2.4 on the passenger side for the rears. The fronts will be approximately -1.0 on both left and right.

Also the OEM shocks dont last long or take kindly to having lowering springs, especially if the roads are pretty rough where you are.

Aftermarket shocks are always a good investment with lowering springs, especially if you like your kidneys lol.

You might also want to look into adjustable front endlinks, and adjustable camber arms.
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 10-09-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

7. Default

cheers for allthe info guys

jono