User Tag List

Thread: CEL - P2188 System too rich at idle

Default CEL - P2188 System too rich at idle

Hi guys, I got a CEL which to me doesn't seem too bad. Is it okay to just clear it? I posted this on facebook the other day but I didn't have a log so I've attached it to this post

It's just a small drive from my place to the servo... there is some WOT, not much though it was a bit busy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2188 - CEL.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	15098  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rich is fine on idle, I have cleared it twice on mine.

Most of the log seems fine but looks like you need a maf cal cause your long term fuel trims are a little high. If your getting a CEL for anything there is usually a reason. If it keepz coming back you might have a bad 02 sensor or a boost leak somewhere.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Car has too much money.... on idle lol

My car has too much money again... aka the CEL is back argh...

How do I do a MAF cal? From what I've found you log some data.... download AccessTUNER Race from the cob website and go from there, but I'm not sure I trust myself doing it being a noob and all.

Quote Originally Posted by stevOO View Post
    My car has too much money again... aka the CEL is back argh...

How do I do a MAF cal? From what I've found you log some data.... download AccessTUNER Race from the cob website and go from there, but I'm not sure I trust myself doing it being a noob and all.
    Might help to list what mods etc you have, my apoligies if you have elsewhere, but the guys here that know there shit need to know the full story before playing guessing games
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

MAF Calibration Tutorial Part 3 of 6 - YouTube
    video from MSF
    you just need to worry about the 0-1.3v range... pretty easy
    save the map, upload to AP, reflash... done!

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Might help to list what mods etc you have, my apoligies if you have elsewhere, but the guys here that know there shit need to know the full story before playing guessing games
    My mistake mate, I completely skipped on it. I've just got a COBB AP running the Stage1+Intake+TIH v231 tune with a Corksport CAI. Car is a Gen 1 if that helps at all

Hey All,

Rather than post post up another thread - I thought we'd use this one. I've got the same CEL too .

I've trimmed my log and attached it, keep note that this was a cold start log till the car was warm (roughly 5-10 mins).

Taking a look at my AFR it hovers between 14 and 14.99. If I recall correctly - the desired range for these values should be between 12 and 14? (pls correct if I am wrong). Also, how severe is a .99 discrepancy in the value of the AFR? Could I get someone with a bit of knowledge to take a look at the attached and let me know if there is anything I need to be concerned about? I've trimmed out a few fields such as boost and boost temps to make analyzing the data easier for everyone.

Also, would it matter that I am running the SF+TIH+98 tune for a Corksport intake and inlet hose on a mazda 6. I couldnt find the recommended one for corksport. I was speaking to a friend of mine last night and he also suggested that the 98 fuels in America may not exactly match the 98 we have in here in Aus. He also recommended running a 90/10 mix of 98octate and / e85 - what is everyone's thoughts on this?

Appreciate the input.

Cheers,
    ddd
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. Default

Quick update.

After a MAF clean the CEL has not come back. Touch wood!

Recently done the same... hasn't come back yet either. Touch wood!