User Tag List

Thread: Easy step to install fire extinguisher without drilling holes or brackets.

Default Easy step to install fire extinguisher without drilling holes or brackets.

Hey all,

Been getting my car track ready and come to the point of getting the fire extinguisher installed. No one wants to see holes that use to be for a fire extinguisher when selling your car. I found an easy way of installing a fire extinguisher in the car by just replacing the bolt. Purchased a fire extinguisher from bunnings for $20. Used the original bracket that comes to hold it in place no special one needed.

Step 1 Locate the bit under the seat which is covered by the piece of material.

Step 2 Once located, Pull it off (Note* there are staples. It still has Velcro so it wont damage anything)

Step 3 Locate and remove bolt and replace for a longer one to be able to hold the new fire exinguisher bracket as the old one is too short.

Step 4 Bolt into place and if done correctly the brakcet should not move at all

Now your done!

The seat moves forwards and backwards without being interfered by the extinguisher and can be easily accessed.

Hope its easy to understand

Thanks,
    Leisk
    Engine
    Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, Turbo Smart Dual Port BOV, CP-E Cat Back Exhaust, Cobb AP, Sure SSP, 65 Duro CP-E RMM, Corksport Down Pipe, Corksport HPFP, HDI FMIC
    Exterior/Interior
    Black Front Lip, Black Spoiler, Tinted Fog Lights, Prosport EVO Boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauge, Bronze CR KAI 17x8.5 front 17x9 rear +35offset, Hankook Ventus semi slick 235/45, red rays lug nuts, Eonon D5151 head unit, triple gauge pod, BC BR coilovers, SPC Camber Arm

That's great mate. Looks like a neat install and practical location too! Good stuff

Thanks! Its good as when you want to revert it all to normal. you just unbolt and put old bolt in place and put the cover over it and bam!

Nice! Do you happen to know the size of the bolt you used?

Hehe. Mine is on with zip ties... Will see if it works on a GENII.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Umm the bolt would probs be twice the size of the origional. I found the bolt so I didnt know the size. I know its a 10mm possibly by 40mm just have to make sure the washer is a bit bigger than the origional one to secure the bracket in. Hopefully works on gen 2 and mps6

Myself and @Reedy have both made similiar brackets out of aluminium that just use the 2 bolts that hold down front of the passenger seat, pretty sturdy and you use the original bolts. I'll post a pic when im at home.

Yeah I saw that. Looks good, Im just too lazy to make my own bracket

Hope this works in the 6, will be needing it soon!

10. Default

FANTASTIC. I just came on here to find out where I should drill holes into my baby's floorpan. Glad I stumbled onto this. Much easier!
    Thank you!

Now part two - registering for track days.

A nice and easy installation, however for anyone reading this. The bolt used to mount the bracket to doesn't exist in a base model MPS as the bolt is used to secure the bose amp which is a part of the Sport/Luxury model packge

Just saw this. One thing to note is those types of brackets generally won't pass scrutineering. Cams approved extinguishers need a second clip that stops it from coming flying out in the event of a crash.

Other than hang that it's a fairly neat idea!

yeah your right! but for general use, its pretty good