User Tag List

Thread: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

1. Default Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs (the 4 electrode platinum plugs).
    I remember some time ago i installed the regular 4 electrode plugs on my old car and they were great.

I am curious as to how these would perform on the MPS as the benefits are supposed to be best for performance oriented cars.

My car is currently getting crappy mileage (although i did replace the plugs recently with Denso ones) so I am considering giving these 4 electrode platinum bosch plugs a try.

Cheers

can't comment on the plugs, but bad mileage can be caused by a lot of different things. You should do a log to see if anything looks abnormal. What exactly you should log I couldn't say. Hopefully other tech heads can chime in

Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs (the 4 electrode platinum plugs).
    I remember some time ago i installed the regular 4 electrode plugs on my old car and they were great.

I am curious as to how these would perform on the MPS as the benefits are supposed to be best for performance oriented cars.

My car is currently getting crappy mileage (although i did replace the plugs recently with Denso ones) so I am considering giving these 4 electrode platinum bosch plugs a try.

Cheers
    Last thing I heard was to stay away from Bosch plugs. Denso or NGK are your best bet.
    I don't have the best fuel economy lately either (15l but city only driving - Melbourne and I WOT a fair bit).
    Try NGK plugs and clean your MAF.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

4. Default

Interesting.
    I have heard bad things about the bosch plugs but would still be keen to hear other peoples feedback if anyone has actually used the 4 tip platinum's in an MPS.
    I did notice an improvement in economy when i installed them on my last car (could have also been due to the previous spark plugs being fouled).

I am getting 16L/100k and i do drive gentle (mostly), mostly city driving, with no mods to the car, and i use 98RON bp ultimate.
    My research indicates i should be getting closer to 11 or 12L/100k.

I have recently cleaned the MAF/IAT and replaced the air filter. The plugs were replaced with DENSO's about 5k ago.

I have an OBD bluetooth connector so will see what kind of stuff i can read with my android phone. (i know i can read CEL codes but cant remember if i can get live sensor data to see what the O2 sensors are doing etc.).

you could also try resetting the ecu so that it can learn fuel trims again. if you have an OBD reader, download Torque for andriod. I use it and its not too bad for basic diagnostics.

6. Default

thanks lup15.
    I have recently reset the ECU so am waiting to see if that will make a difference.
    Any idea how long it usually takes the car to learn the fuel trims?

I also have the android torque program, havent played around with it much apart from using it for CEL codes.

roughly 100kms I guess