User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long do rear brakes usually last?

Default How long do rear brakes usually last?

Hi all,

My Gen 1 MPS 3 has done nearly 100,000km. The front rotors and pads have been replaced about 10,000km ago but just wondering how long the rear pads and rotors typically last before needing replacement?

Thanks in advance!

My front disc and pads were done at the 80K mark

I changed the rear disc and pads too so that they would match my slotted rotors

The rears were like they were from the factory. Heaps and heap and heaps or pad left
    Last edited by slixx; 04-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Same I did mine all at the same time but my rear ones still got some meat left

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    My front disc and pads were done at the 80K mark

I changed the rear disc and pads too so that they would match my slotted rotors

It was like the from the factory. Heaps and heap and heaps or pad left
    What had heaps and heaps of pad left?

Rear pads I'm guessing

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

All depends on how you drive your car. amount of KM isn't really a guide.

I did 100,000km before I replaced my fronts. The discs were warn, but not wan out, the pads were still pretty good. The rears i think were probably good for another 100,000km.
    I drove mostly country roads and didn't need brakes like I would in the city

look at the rear pads by taking the wheels off. If it has more than a few millimeters of pad left, it will be fine.

You will need to measure the thickness for the rear rotors. Not too sure what thickness they need to be changed at

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    look at the rear pads by taking the wheels off. If it has more than a few millimeters of pad left, it will be fine.

You will need to measure the thickness for the rear rotors. Not too sure what thickness they need to be changed at
    Do you know the thickness the fronts are meant to be changed?

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Rear pads I'm guessing

Yes. Hence the name of the topic

Ok going off DBA's website, the fronts are 25mm and need to be replaced at 23mm. The rear is 11mm and replaced at 9mm. Thought we had thicker discs on the front....

In my case, the front discs were worn before the pads. I still had some front pad left but not much

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

In my case, the front discs were worn before the pads. I still had some front pad left but not much
    aggressive pads?

Ok going off DBA's website, the fronts are 25mm and need to be replaced at 23mm. The rear is 11mm and replaced at 9mm. Thought we had thicker discs on the front....
    Yeah. They aren't that thick and are too thin to be machined. I went with a DBA T3 Slotted rotor, which were cheaper than OEM and can be machined as I was informed

Currently RaydTuned

aggressive pads?
    OEM pads. The front discs developed a lip and was informed they were below the acceptable level

Yeah. They aren't that thick and are too thin to be machined. I went with a DBA T3 Slotted rotor, which were cheaper than OEM and can be machined as I was informed
    Same thing happened to me.... went got got some T3's too.

But mine happened at only 50,000km on the clock......mazda weren't budging about it being a wear item...

But happy with my remsa pads and T3's. damn the T3's are sexy!
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Go T2's in the rear. Cheaper, look similar, probably easier to get as T3's were on back order last year.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Go T2's in the rear. Cheaper, look similar, probably easier to get as T3's were on back order last year.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    +1 on that.

T3s up front and T2s down back

Currently RaydTuned

OEM pads. The front discs developed a lip and was informed they were below the acceptable level
    No measurement on what that unacceptable level was though? Mine have quite a lip on the front, stock rotors im guessing as I'm at 94,000km.

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

No measurement on what that unacceptable level was though? Mine have quite a lip on the front, stock rotors im guessing as I'm at 94,000km.

Sorry. You'll have to ask that Mazda Tech @Brooksyman. If you have a lip, then I'd say there about done, but that's only what I've been told

With the Kms you have, I'd say that's about right

Currently RaydTuned

Yeah what i was thinking. Thanks for tagging Mazda dude.
    Just gonna do front brakes (everything) then do the rears when they need it. No point doing it when there's still meat on the rotors and it kinda offsets cost to which is good..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast