User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VVT & Timing Chain Replacement

Yeah mines pretty loose....I put my finger in the hole to check
    How much would Mazda charge for the job?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 70DDD View Post
    Yeah mines pretty loose....I put my finger in the hole to check
    How much would Mazda charge for the job?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    Depends where you go.. $1200-1700 with parts
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

I got quoted 1500 at southport mazda

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

That's chain and the vvtl junk?

That's chain and the vvtl junk?
    That and all the parts you need, washers etc theres a heap of small shit with it..
    may as well do timing chain with vvt and vice versa..
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Because its an area of the engine that ideally requires no service (like timing belts do) and is expensive to repair its not something you want to skimp on and have to re do for something you had the ideal opportunity to do.

Sorry to highjack - but does anyone have a list of everything needed to refurb the timing chain and VVT actuator? I've already got a new chain and actuator in boxes at home... But is there anything extra that's needed? Seals/guides/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Sorry to highjack - but does anyone have a list of everything needed to refurb the timing chain and VVT actuator? I've already got a new chain and actuator in boxes at home... But is there anything extra that's needed? Seals/guides/etc?
    Check on edge website they have a full kit listed online
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    MZR VVT Replacement Kit Mazdaspeed 3 Mazdaspeed 6 2006-2013

Oh that's epic... Cheers guys. A bit miffed at SU now, I contacted them when I ordered my actuator and chain, and they were like 'yeah that should be all you need' lol

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    @MPS2NV come to melbourne and do mine already. NATOR VIC lol
    Sounds like me crawling for Caff to come here to detail my car! lol
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

I took my car to Mitch's Automotive/Hair dressing supplies in dire need of help. On a cold start it emitted a noise that sent shivers up my spine, but after Mitch sprinkled some of his pixie dust on her she has never gone better. Had the VVT, timing chain, guides, plugs and heaps of other stuff replaced. It's basically a brand new car. @MPS2NV is the man to see. Knows his shiznit.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Frangles; 16-10-2013 at 08:37 PM.

So today marked the scheduled replacement of @DannersAU VVT and timing train.

Dans car was showing the typical start up rattle and slack timing chain when cold or after being let sit.

Dans car is a 12/05 with 70k on the clock and is well maintained so it was no surprise that during disassembly everything was perfect with the engines camshaft timing ( I like to pre check engine timing before hand ) due the nature of this repair there is only one pick of the usual worn VVT component. During assembly the camshaft timing was checked 3 times to ensure the process was on track,no re alignment was required and that after the final tensioning process the camshaft timing was still spot on.

Dan was present throughout the whole repair and has seen first hand how extensive and important the processes are when tackling such a job, He also helped set up the quick shade because it was hot! Lol
    @LittleredMPS and myself would like to thank Dan for letting us repair his pride and joy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	15373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	15374  
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 20-10-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Dan was present throughout the whole repair and has seen first hand how extensive and important the processes are when tackling such a job, He also helped set up the quick shade because it was hot! Lol
    @LittleredMPS and myself would like to thank Dan for letting us repair his pride and joy
    When I realised that the VVT rattle of death had struck my car, after reading how thorough @MPS2NV was and how happy his customers were I thought i'd try him out. I'm really glad I did.

As mentioned, I was there for the whole process and was very impressed with Mitch's attention to detail and care taken. I am very happy with the result and will definitely be going back when I need more done to the car

Thanks @MPS2NV and @LittleredMPS
    Dan - '06 Liquid Silver 6 MPS

Cobb AP | Cobb SRI | TIH | Autotech HPFP | Turbosmart Dual-Port BOV | Hyperflow Mufflers | CP-e Rear Engine Mount | JBR EGR Delete

mine has the dreaded rattle of death now...no more driving of the MPS now.
    Guess I better see what Mazda wanna charge me.

mine has the dreaded rattle of death now...no more driving of the MPS now.
    Guess I better see what Mazda wanna charge me.
    Up around $2000 now
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

$2000
    Might be cheaper for me to fly Mitch and Jase up here lol

I can do it in a day for you, I even have the parts reedy to go, all you have to do is "lock it in eddy!" I'm even doing one as we speak!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    I can do it in a day for you, I even have the parts reedy to go, all you have to do is "lock it in eddy!" I'm even doing one as we speak!
    Is it safe to drive it that far Mitch?
    It's not the rattle on start up but it rattles a fair bit (like a loud clatter) when idling.

Will did lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast