User Tag List

Thread: TNCC- My Old Car - Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe

Default TNCC- My Old Car - Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe

This weekend was a special one for me.
    This car was my first car, what I sold before purchasing my mps. My first love but due to different circumstances I had to upgrade and sell on two years ago to get something more comfortable, I think the mps achieved that haha. I achieved everything I wanted with the lancer and loved it to death, thankfully I sold it to a family friend and he has kept it in awesome condition.
    Almost two years later and not a single thing has changed except for the addition of some stickers and unfortunately some new swirls.
    He also had a bit of a bad run driving over paint and in a panic wiped it off whilst the car was dirty leaving some nasty scratches on the bonnet, as well as having a branch fall on the left guard leaving behind a few rids.
    None the less this weekend I put some hours it and got it to a much better standard than when I ever owned it.

The Evo8 MR Recaros I put in 2 3 years ago were still in awesome condition (How I miss these seats

Car was then pulled into garage for clay bar, tape up, machine polish:

Exhaust and Headlights were also polished/cleaned

These outdoor shots are taken just before sunset as I was reversing it out to rinse before putting on LSP. I knew sun would be down once I had finished so I took a few quick snaps, the metallic really popped:

Final Shots/After LSP:

Looks great. That blue is a nice colour. I had a 98 MR when I was about 20. Spent way too much on it, Cyber front bar, crazy fiberglass boot stereo install etc etc. Got written off when an old man pulled out in front of me and we had a head on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Default

It's like this was the first car for many people. I didn't have one, but so many of my friends had one or wanted one. They became a plague in my area where driving on dirt roads was the norm and these really weren't that suited. Either way, it was the P Plate car of the day (if you had money that is).

Cheers Guys, It was definitely a great first car, never really cost me anything in terms of problems and was great fun. A lot of p platers had lancers in my area but a lot were the gli 1.5L model, never really sore one an MR or one that was done to this standard. Funny enough I was probably the only one who decided to be different and actually keep the standard tail-lights and stock MR body kit.

Nice work Matt! Came up reasonably well. I think everyone had one of those/new someone that had one

Is the "Fitmen Freaks" sticker one that was added after you handed over ownership? Doesn't really go with the "fitment" of those wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Nice work Matt! Came up reasonably well. I think everyone had one of those/new someone that had one

Is the "Fitmen Freaks" sticker one that was added after you handed over ownership? Doesn't really go with the "fitment" of those wheels.
    Thanks mate, Yes the new owner put it on, the car had no stickers on it when I sold it except for the one on the top of the back screen.