User Tag List

Thread: Engine fan stays on for long period of time

1. Default Engine fan stays on for long period of time

Hi guys

I've just recently noticed a loud noise coming from the middle bottom
    Of my engine bay after each time driving. Model is 2007mps.

It will start say 10-15 mins in to driving the car whether it be a cold start or not and continue up to 10 minutes after I turn the car off. It is quite loud and just sounds like a fan working in over time.

I have had the car for about 2 years and only been making this noise after the last month or so.

I believe it is normal for the fan to stay on for a few seconds after turning the car off as it has been doing but not for 10 minutes or so.

I am worried if this continues it will drain my battery. Has anyone experienced this problem and any ideas on what I can do/monitor this issue?

Thanks,

Alexai

Guessing your engine coolant (or the temp sensor) is bad...

Got anything to read the obd2 port?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

3. Default

Cars currently at the mechanic. They've reset the computer. Will see how it goes. Might look into changing my coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Guessing your engine coolant (or the temp sensor) is bad...

Got anything to read the obd2 port?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

4. Default

does anyone have/no of a fault with the mazda 3 engine/thermo fan ....my car sounds like a jet plane its so noisy....its an 07 3MPS and ive had thecar for aboht 2 years. the fan has only just started making this noise a couple of weeks ago its never been this noisey not even on a hot summer day with th A/C on........its still keeping the engine at normal operating temp,has anyone heard of these fans failing like this?what is one of these fans worth? the car has 78k on it.

so... i am thinking that these may run a Fan controller module?
    will have to have a read through the work shop manual one day.

all the above symptoms are very common with the Evo's. i.e. Fans running flat out, Running for too long once car is turned off, and/ or flicking on and off all the time.
    being an electronic controller and sitting under the hood of a boosted car tends to fry fan controller modules.

if anyone know if the MPS do run a fan controller module... speak up...because this is probably the above issue.

If they do not run a controller module, then Temp sender unit first (usually cheap). see of that fixes your problem.