User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Bumper for 6 MPS

No stress mate, thanks again for this

hi gents,
    any luck with purchasing new rear bumper and exhaust surround? the missus backed a car today and need both. got a price from the local Mazda dealer, $650 bumper, $350 for the LH exhaust surround plus paint. finding nothing on the net, even resorted to looking for aftermaket kits though talking myself out of it!

Any info would be greatly appreciated, don't want to go through insurance as my spraypainter won't do insurance work and I want the colour to match!

Eastern Wrecking in Browns Plains, QLD has a 3 and 6 MPS in stock.

Eastern Wrecking in Browns Plains, QLD - White Pages®

@PIS70L I got my rear bumper new for 390. Wreckers wanted 450 used and was wrong color anyway. Try the wreckers first to see of you can get the same colour. Otherwise what you need to do is ring around your local dealer and tell them you receive wholesale prices from Tomm Kerr. Quote from Tomm kerr is 360ex gst. Ring wood Mazda price matched and I picked it up. Best price I found. @TimmyMPS Tom Kerr wanted 230ex gst for the trim. Give new gen auto in shepparton a call they have it for 170ex gst. Shipping shouldn't be much on it. Unfortunately I'm going to hold off on that and fix mine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
    Last edited by dazza; 09-10-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Then see if Bradstreet parts will match that @PIS70L

cheers for the info, will chase it up tomorrow. can't get into paint until November, but don't want to be without parts here ready. will let you know how I go and what it costs.

Right, being honest gets you nowhere. Newcastle Mazda and Bradstreet Parts won't budge from retail prices without abn. Bradstreet Parts (who supply every Mazda dealer in Newcastle) were $20 dearer than Mazda = $1099 ($650+gst bar, $350+gst lh exhaust surround).
    The Browns Plains wreckers bar was sold. Maz Motors have a good 2nd hand one for $350 + $100 freight. was going to get it, but I wanted confirmation that it was not creased, scratched or marked; they said iod be better ff coming down to inspect it myself, but that would mean an extra $300+ in flights. So called Tom Kerr, they told me the same price and suggested going thru insurance. once I explained that even with retail price and paint that this was still cheaper, they re-calculated and done $774.95 for the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PIS70L View Post
    Right, being honest gets you nowhere. Newcastle Mazda and Bradstreet Parts won't budge from retail prices without abn. Bradstreet Parts (who supply every Mazda dealer in Newcastle) were $20 dearer than Mazda = $1099 ($650+gst bar, $350+gst lh exhaust surround).
    The Browns Plains wreckers bar was sold. Maz Motors have a good 2nd hand one for $350 + $100 freight. was going to get it, but I wanted confirmation that it was not creased, scratched or marked; they said iod be better ff coming down to inspect it myself, but that would mean an extra $300+ in flights. So called Tom Kerr, they told me the same price and suggested going thru insurance. once I explained that even with retail price and paint that this was still cheaper, they re-calculated and done $774.95 for the lot.
    Hmmm did you speak to the right person? you need to state you are forum member for wholesale prices... when calling other dealers i just stated that i had wholesale discounts from tomm kerr and if they could match it. had to try about 3 before i got one that would. parts are coming from the same place so its their loss if they dont take a sale
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Spoke with Jarrod @ Tom Kerr, when I picked it all up he said if I need other parts he has a mate@Glendale Mazda. Hopefully I never need more parts, but that its where I'll start next time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12