User Tag List

Thread: New Sydney MPS 3 member

Default New Sydney MPS 3 member

Hi everyone.
    So today I picked up a 2011 white Mazda 3 MPS Second series. I upgraded from a Toyota Corolla Sportivo 05 which I'm still trying to sell off. As much as I loved Lift, I've never experienced anything like the MPS.

The car came with the following mods:
    Cobb SRI
    Hypertech max energy sport
    A couple of LEDs upgraded
    Short Shifter
    Some form of springs that I forgot the name of. It lowered the car a bit but I do have the stock springs that I may put back in

Car has a couple of creaks from the exhaust. Planning on getting the car looked at top to bottom at a mechanic. It has done mostly 50k highway kms

I'm located in the Parramatta area and can't wait to meet some of you guys at meets.

Looking forward to learn a lot here and be a part of the community

First shot of the new car

Next to my mates Evo 8

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you at some of our cruises and meets!

Fark, love the white mps+evo shot...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Hi and welcome , I also had a 05 sportivo , it was a great car , I had all the CES gear on mine but got smashed from behind and written off, MPS is a good upgrade to the sportivo.
    Were u on the Toyota forum?

Welcome

Short shifter or shift plate?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Fark, love the white mps+evo shot...
    Haha yeah, he helped drive me down to Wollongong to pick up the car so we decided why not.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Hi and welcome , I also had a 05 sportivo , it was a great car , I had all the CES gear on mine but got smashed from behind and written off, MPS is a good upgrade to the sportivo.
    Were u on the Toyota forum?
    I was under the same username on TOCAU. If you look at the buy/sell forum and then cars for sale its at the top-ish. I love the Sportivo to bits but it was time to upgrade to something better =D

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post

Short shifter or shift plate?
    I have no idea. The seller said short shifter and I had driven a couple MPS's beforehand whilst looking to buy one and I can definitely feel the difference. Any particular way to tell which it is?

Quote Originally Posted by azzman372 View Post
    I have no idea. The seller said short shifter and I had driven a couple MPS's beforehand whilst looking to buy one and I can definitely feel the difference. Any particular way to tell which it is?
    Does the shifter seem low compared to stock? if that's the case it's prob a short shifter. If not, prob a short shift plate.
    The plate is in the engine bay under the intake i circled it in red.

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

HI and welcome

hello and welcome!

I work in parra, so I might just see you around

p.s. Evo 9 there... not an 8 unless its had the full 9 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Does the shifter seem low compared to stock? if that's the case it's prob a short shifter. If not, prob a short shift plate.
    The plate is in the engine bay under the intake i circled it in red.
    So I'm assuming its a short shift plate based on this image that I just took

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    I work in parra, so I might just see you around

p.s. Evo 9 there... not an 8 unless its had the full 9 conversion
    Awesome, Parra! And yes its an 8 with 9 front and back =P

Quote Originally Posted by azzman372 View Post
    So I'm assuming its a short shift plate based on this image that I just took
    Correct. Never seen that brand plate.. :/
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Welcome mate, white would have been my second choice after black, looks sweet. Look forward to watching the transformation as it happens

welcome +1 for CWP

Welcome. Just up the road in the Hills. Look forward to seeing you out and about.

Rob.

Hi and welcome

16. Default

Welcome Mate, I live near milperra. If you want to meet up with the other sydney members, give us a yell.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Welcome mate, white would have been my second choice after black, looks sweet. Look forward to watching the transformation as it happens
    It will be a slow transformation but I'll get there haha

Quote Originally Posted by nUmBa10 View Post
    welcome +1 for CWP
    I love how the white has the subtle pearl coming through when looking at it in the sunlight!

Quote Originally Posted by AMANDA View Post
    Welcome. Just up the road in the Hills. Look forward to seeing you out and about.
    Ahhh the hills, hope to see you round too =D

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    Hi and welcome
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    Welcome Mate, I live near milperra. If you want to meet up with the other sydney members, give us a yell.
    Yeah for sure. I'd love to see some of the MPS's out there. Get some inspiration on what I can do with my car.

So onto a quick question.
    So I currently have the Cobb SF SRI in the car and I want to get a cold/air box. What are my options besides getting the Cobb one which costs more then the SRI itself?
    I did find the Corksport one: CORKSPORT 'Power Series' Cold Air Box For The COBB SF System
    But its only for series 1 MPS3. I don't suppose it will fit the series 2 MPS3