User Tag List

Thread: [ACT] Need a new clutch!

Default [ACT] Need a new clutch!

As the title says, my stock clutch has finally kicked the bucket. So question time, what clutch should I go with on a basic modded MPS 3? And for the ACT guys which shop should I take it to and what are your past experiences?

Thanks in advance

Hi, Spec stage 3 clutch and Fidanza flywheel are good, I would get the clutch done at ultimate tunes they know our cars back to front.
    didnt u just buy the MPS? Didnt take long for clutch to shag.
    How many km u done?
    hope u have a lot of $ saved its big $ to get done with labour like at least north of $2000
    Last edited by chef; 28-08-2013 at 11:19 PM.

How much is a standard clutch then you reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    How much is a standard clutch then you reckon?
    A standard clutch from Mazda would prob cost about the same or more

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Hi, Spec stage 3 clutch and Fidanza flywheel are good, I would get the clutch done at ultimate tunes they know our cars back to front.
    How many km u done?
    hope u have a lot of $ saved its big $ to get done with labour like at least north of $2000
    North of 2k? Always heard its about 2k on the dot....?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    North of 2k? Always heard its about 2k on the dot....?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Clutch is about $1000 plus delivery and flywheel is $500 plus delivery and labour ontop
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Clutch is about $1000 plus delivery and flywheel is $500 plus delivery and labour ontop
    But if it's a local Exedy, then delivery would be cheap.....and labour.....I believe is around 600. Exedy less than a grand I believe......
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    But if it's a local Exedy, then delivery would be cheap.....and labour.....I believe is around 600. Exedy less than a grand I believe......
    Exedy as far as I know has been pulled off the market or has been redesigned because of problems there are a few threads on this forum regarding exedy

9. Default

I'm looking at ACT clutch with streetlite flywheel ATM... Can pick it up from us for about a grand shipped. Plus 5-600 labour it will be fairly cheap but hopefully not nasty

Hi @Dark soul have you purchased/fitted this combo yet??
    Last edited by Spanna; 19-11-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanna View Post
    Hi Darksoul have you purchased/fitted this combo yet??
    You might need to tag him , put a @ In front of his username

Hi @chef do you have this combination personally? still retains easy take offs? Me personally have had button styles either on or off but this is the wife's car so drivability is a must in traffic. Cheers Alan.
    How many km u done?
    MPS=MP3..... Like a PS3 only with a bigger controller

Quote Originally Posted by Spanna View Post
    Hi @chef do you have this combination personally? still retains easy take offs? Me personally have had button styles either on or off but this is the wife's car so drivability is a must in traffic. Cheers Alan.
    Nah mate still on the stock clutch ,but I don't know how long that will last.
    spec clutches and fidanza flywheel have agood reputation, this is the combo I would prob go for, strong but don't need MR universe legs to use it

@Spanna also shoot off an email to edge to sus out with there recommendations as that I have found that they are very honest with there answers , tell them your from the forums

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=158701

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Might be helpful to research replacing the Dual Mass Flywheel with Single Mass Flywheel. Yes the SMF is lighter & revs quicker, however @ what cost...... The DMF has been designed to absorb vibrations emitted by the powerplant by installing heavy duty springs between the 2 flywheels & it works great. I couldn't think of anything worse than having vibrations in the cabin whilst taking off or braking when revs are low...... AND contary all the information about not being able to re-use our DMF..... well lets just say it's not what you know it who you know.

I'd talk to Adrian @ Ultimate Tunes & see what your options are. I'm having my DMF reconditioned & replacing my clutch plate with a product than can handle the new power plant...

Therefore no excessive vibrations in the cabin & stock feel clutch @ an affordable price that's able to do the job.......

My 2c anyways.......

Sorry isconnaugh to hijack but no info was being fed on my post. Cheers @Hama3 and @chef for the feedback my prob is I am in Tassie originally from NSW, there would be no probs up there but delivery costs are a killer down here.