User Tag List

Thread: Coming Soon: Mazda 3:Front Control Arm Castor Bushes

Default Arrived: Mazda 3:Front Control Arm Castor Anti-lift Bushes

Just a quick note to say that a suspension company here in Brisbane are currently manufacturing front lower control arm castor bushes for the mazda 3. It is still in the R+D phase at the moment (My car is in getting them fitted this week).

The are made as a full replacement for the OE bushes and are designed for more castor and anti-lift. They will be made from 70 duro (Don't quote me on that)

Pricing will be around $180 for the pair and $60 for the smaller ones in the front of the arm. (Not exact prices as yet either) This is an un-fitted price. Hopefully i can sort out a MPS Club deal with them.

The will be available very soon for those of you wanting some more cornering ability.

I will post pics when I get them and specs and prices of everything available.
    Last edited by 2XS; 27-05-2009 at 08:36 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Ok, I picked my car up today. I didn't get to drive it far, but, it definately doesn't axle tramp anymore. Maybe a little more torque steer though. I'l give it a good drive this weekend and keep you all posted. The suspension company is Fulcrum. Prices are $245 for the large bushes and $60 for the small ones. Club discounts apply for OzMpsClub members.

Some pics of the bushes etc.

Last edited by 2XS; 27-05-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Were these bushes made to order?

I'm amazed that no after market company apart from SPC in the US is making anything to correct the front wheel alignment on the 6 which is notorious for poor front geometry.

What's the likelihood they would do something like this for the 6?

Blog Entries

Nice work there 2XS. Thanks for posting that up

5. Default

More positive caster for handling gains bring it on
    I had adjustable strut tops on my other FWD turbo to increase caster, amongst other suspension alignement tweaks, but what a huge difference it made to turn in, straight line stability and traction

excited to see how works on the 3 MPS

does anyone know what the factory caster setting is and what does these bushes increase it to ?????

Great stuff 2XS.
    GROUP BUY for the bushes would be great........anyone interested in organising it????????

+ 1 milliion for some r&d on the 6...i'm in Brisbane and if fulcrum want to have a test car....i'm in.

I got mine back yesterday new diff, transfer case AND wheel allignment (gonna starta thread on setups) and my car feels WONDERFUL....and it will feel like that for about 500Ks and then go all sloppy again...

Need a fix and happy to volunteer
    Last edited by EQ; 28-05-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Were these bushes made to order?

I'm amazed that no after market company apart from SPC in the US is making anything to correct the front wheel alignment on the 6 which is notorious for poor front geometry.

What's the likelihood they would do something like this for the 6?
    The bushes were not made to order, I just asked the right questions at the Fulcrum Suspension day Wardski had organised back in February. The had been planning these bushes for a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Nice work there 2XS. Thanks for posting that up
    No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
    More positive caster for handling gains bring it on
    I had adjustable strut tops on my other FWD turbo to increase caster, amongst other suspension alignement tweaks, but what a huge difference it made to turn in, straight line stability and traction

excited to see how works on the 3 MPS

does anyone know what the factory caster setting is and what does these bushes increase it to ?????
    My castor has been set to 3.66 L and 3.68 R, which is close to std. My bushes were fitted purely for anti-lift purposes. Check the pics, the bush is offset to the bottom, more castor can be acheived by twisting the bush outwards.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Great stuff 2XS.
    GROUP BUY for the bushes would be great........anyone interested in organising it????????
    The bushes aren't yet available, very soon though. Fulcrum are just organising the outer casing to be made. Group buys aren't really necessary, Club members are offered a very good discount anyway.

Anybody interested, Email me and I'll forward it on to the relevant person. He will most likely contact you directly after that.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

I've been talking with Jarrod re the MPS6 solution, he's going to compare mine to a standard 6 he did last year. 3 different bushes for our 3 different arms.

They are also beginning to play with coilovers too...this is justwhat we need, and its good that they are QLD based as there are a plenty of voluntees for r&d up here.

Great work 2xs and Jarrod