User Tag List

Thread: Auto tech tune - 13 mps

Default Auto tech tune - 13 mps

Hi everyone,

in the process of running my car in as it is a 2013 model Mazda 3 MPS. whilst doing this im just seeing what i should expect as a price hit for my tune. Im going to go through Autotech engineering in Granville (ive had good reviews) and just want to know a ball park figure so i know how much my lighter my wallet will be..

stage one price ??

Stage 2 price??

Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Andii

If you want to go down the 'professional dyno tune path' as opposed to the COBB Accessport, I'd go to Tunehouse or MRT over Autotech. The formers have much more experience with the MPS and a few of the tunes coming out of Autotech recently haven't been anything to write home about.

Stage 1 (i.e. just a tune) - Expect $1,500 - $2,000

oh really,

what do you suggest for tunehouse?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND33Z View Post
    oh really,

what do you suggest for tunehouse?

thanks

As in, what price would I suggest for Tunehouse? If so, the same price range, but closer to the $2k mark.

Best to contact these places directly for prices.

Thanks mate

We've seen reports of bent rod syndrome from autotech tunes... Would not suggest you go there

Either AP or MRT/tunehouse... (Personally I'd go TH over MRT, but that's my preference)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Tunehouse has the history with the MPS, Nothing wrong with Autotech (for just about everything else - like 6 turbos etc) but if I was in NSW id be going to tunehouse.

thanks for the advice fellas,

i might have to go down and have a look and see where to go.

Thanks,

I think if you go with MRT u keep your factory warrenty not 100% sure need to check with MRt on this.
    Expect to pay at least $2000 for a stage 1 tune through MRT and Tunehouse.
    Last edited by chef; 28-08-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think if you go with MRT u keep your factory warrenty not 100% sure need to check with MRt on this.
    Unless you go to a MRT hosted track day... At which point the warranty becomes invalid
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    No, you absolutely do not.
    Check the website, they give you their own warranty. Not sure how useful it is or is not though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Check the website, they give you their own warranty. Not sure how useful it is or is not though.

Mazda void warranty on engine and driveline as soon as they see ECU tampered with. MRT will just say you were thrashing it (it's what people do when they get a tune). If you tried to claim warranty against a tuning company you would need logs to show where and why it happened.
    Ecuteck is far from set and forget, once you have something as cheap as ultragauge or torque you can see in some cases it's a ticking time bomb with boost way too high etc.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

I think it's something along the lines of:

- In the event of a warranty claim, your first port of call is to go through a Mazda dealer
    - Mazda then assess the claim and they may choose to honour the factory warranty.
    - Should Mazda deny the warranty on the basis of your modifications, you then go to back to MRT and THEY assess the claim and may perform the required repair/work etc under warranty.
    @Robmps could probably shed more light

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    I think it's something along the lines of:

- In the event of a warranty claim, your first port of call is to go through a Mazda dealer
    - Mazda then assess the claim and they may choose to honour the factory warranty.
    - Should Mazda deny the warranty on the basis of your modifications, you then go to back to MRT and THEY assess the claim and may perform the required repair/work etc under warranty.
    @Robmps could probably shed more light
    James hit the nail on its head! They offer a warranty for work they have carried out in the event Mazda void the warranty! I have been through the fine print as I have a 2012 model that is fully bolted by MRT including BT!

As for Ecutek not being set and forget I beg to differ! I'm running a ultragauge and have seen nothing but consistent figures including AFR's, Boost, Fuel Pressure, temps etc. I welcome any member to see/drive my car which has had all the work done by MRT and see for themselves.
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house