User Tag List

Thread: Favourite Places to Eat in SA

Thumbs up Favourite Places to Eat in SA

Hi guys,

Have you ever had the feeling you want to try some new restaurants but find yourself short of ideas?

If you have a favourite place(s) in SA you would rate really highly, please feel free to share with the rest of us so we can also go and try.

I'll kick it off:

• Wah Hing (chinese)- Gouger st, Adelaide
      Their salt and pepper soft shell crab is to die for, although the most recent time I went to eat there it was really too salty.
    • Top Tai (thai) - O'Connell st, Nth Adelaide
      Great service and really fresh and authentic thai.
    • Ginza (japanese) - Unley rd, Unley
      Their all you can eat BBQ is the best I've ever had, and everything is brought out to you on order rather than having a buffet station. Also they include unlimited refills for post-mix soft drinks.

Great idea for a thread

I too am a sucker for Southeast Asian food, ever since going there. Some of my fave eateries include;

Adelaide Pho: Waymouth St. City.
    Can't go past their speciality Pho. Beef noodle soup with all sorts of add ons. The prawn spring rolls and wontons are awesome too.
    Plus, it's dirt cheap!

Rain Modern Asian: The Parade, Norwood.
    Upmarket Asian food, as the name suggests. Very nice setting with great service and food. Their Samba Prawns are awesome, as are any of the Thai curries.

Genghis Khan: Montacute Rd, Rostrevor.
    Awesome food. All you can eat Mongolian BBQ. Grab your bowl, pick your meats, veggies and sauces then watch them cook it all in front of you. Always busy, so it's best to book for weekends.

Grotto Pizza Teca: Just off the Parade Norwood.
    Brilliant wood oven pizzas in a nice little setting. Would recommend the speciality "The Grotto". Delicious with cos lettuce and mustard over the top. Can be pretty busy if there's the footy or baseball on at The Parade.

i don't get out much, so not many places from me, haha, but a few of my favourite places

Watermark Hotel: Anzac Highway, Glenelg
    All you can eat buffet with a variety of asian and european foods, a bit pricey, but the lamb shanks are awesome!

Fresh Choice: Diagonal Road, Marion
    All you can eat asian food, tastes great, good for family get togethers like birthdays and such, has gotten pricey over the years, not as much as the Watermark, but a few years ago it was $14.95 for an adult, now it's about $21

Yum Sing: Old South Road, Reynella
    Asian restaurant, fried duck with plum or spicy sauce is my favourite! a bit pricey nowadays, I've been going there for years and have noticed an increase in price over the years, but you get a fair amount of food for your money.

Lobethal Bierhaus: Main Street, Lobethal
    German style restaurant in front of their brewery, buffalo wings are great! not the cheapest place to eat though
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    i don't get out much, so not many places from me, haha, but a few of my favourite places

Watermark Hotel: Anzac Highway, Glenelg
    All you can eat buffet with a variety of asian and european foods, a bit pricey, but the lamb shanks are awesome!

Fresh Choice: Diagonal Road, Marion
    All you can eat asian food, tastes great, good for family get togethers like birthdays and such, has gotten pricey over the years, not as much as the Watermark, but a few years ago it was $14.95 for an adult, now it's about $21

Yum Sing: Old South Road, Reynella
    Asian restaurant, fried duck with plum or spicy sauce is my favourite! a bit pricey nowadays, I've been going there for years and have noticed an increase in price over the years, but you get a fair amount of food for your money.

Lobethal Bierhaus: Main Street, Lobethal
    German style restaurant in front of their brewery, buffalo wings are great! not the cheapest place to eat though
    I've been to Watermark and Fresh Choice. Watermark wasn't as good as I used to remember, and definitely quite pricey now: $31.95 per adult for dinner!

I recently went to Fancy Burger just off Rundle St in the small alley behind Target. 2nd time I've been there and haven't been disappointed. Burgers are delicious, ordered 'The Biggy' with beef, beetroot, bacon, egg, herb mayo and relish.

+ 1 for Fancy burger - we go to the blackwood store or the new one on Magill rd near the Uni..amazing healthy tasty burgers.

For pasta we hit up Mondiali's on Unley rd Unley. Another fav is Inn Thai on Jetty rd Brighton - great prawn dishes.