User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What am i missing? Stage2 OTS

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I didn't know the HPFP needed to be run in, I gave mine a flogging straight away
    lol, same!

It's more of a risk mitigation approach..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

50kms into my run-in period so far, things running smoothly

After ~200km run-in period, i took my first short log on the way home tonight and gave it some boost
    Seemed to hit 20psi and pull quite smoothly thoughout. This was with TC and DSC off.

If someone could take a quick squiz at this log and let me know your thoughts, i would be very appreciative
    Attached Files Attached Files

What boost does the map command?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

20psi, from memory! Still waiting on my ATR details from Cobb...

Anyone used the "valet" tunes before?

Car is going in for a service tomorrow, and i've asked them not to do any braking tests, road tests, etc so want to make sure their dodgy apprentice doesn't give it a trash...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Anyone used the "valet" tunes before?

Car is going in for a service tomorrow, and i've asked them not to do any braking tests, road tests, etc so want to make sure their dodgy apprentice doesn't give it a trash...
    depending what dealer it (are you taking it to a dealer) is they usually plug in there MSDS to see if there are any factory updates to the ECU, you might want to tell them don't check it as you're happy with the way it's running.
    If you use valet mode and they feel it runs like shit compared to others questions will be asked and of you leave it with an OTS map they will notice the grunt and also ask which could put a black mark on their system for any warranty issues..you would probably be best to flash it back to stock.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Hmmm that's a very valid point, @shaneski !
    Stock tune with HPFP and Dump okay?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Hmmm that's a very valid point, @shaneski !
    Stock tune with HPFP and Dump okay?
    Should be fine, they won't know it has an upgraded pump, but maybe an idea to let them know it has a dump pipe as they may notice it (depending if half of them know what they are looking at), but i would flash it back to stock as they will feel how much different it feels to drive and will have big issues with any warranty claims with the increase in power
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Good suggestion, i'll reflash back tonight (although, i doubt the dealership apprentices know what they are looking at).
    Add it to my list haha.

Need to swap back to standard wheels too.

Stock tune with mods won't run well but it won't be cause damage if you drive it normally.

13. Default

Is there anywhere else you can take it besides a dealer, you can get it done by any reputable workshop that does what the handbook says, which is basically look at it and change oil and stamp the log book and want $300 for it.

In WA there isn't anyone that supports the MPS. Maybe Tokyo Motorsport as they can log book service EVO's.

Yeah I had a word to the guys in T.M just a couple of weeks ago and they said they can service/ do service a few MPS's(whether that's logbook or not I'm not sure) but they don't do much modifications/tuning, Which would work out well for you.
    Last edited by boostedmazda; 16-10-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Yep, i've heard people using Tokyo Motorsports with success.
    On the other hand, check the terms of your warranty - mine has to be done through an AHG Group stealership

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123