User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What am i missing? Stage2 OTS

Default What am i missing? Stage2 OTS

Hi Folks,

Just wanting to confirm i have all the required pieces to run an OTS Stage2 Map, before my AP arrives
    Have ordered an Accessport V3 + Autotech internals from Edge, to add to my list of the following:

CP-e Turbo inlet pipe
    CP-e 3" Cold-air intake
    CP-e Down pipe (catted)
    CP-e 3" Cat-back exhaust
    CP-e TMIC

Am i missing anything? Have heard people mention they are running a step colder plugs? Stock MAF Sensor okay?

Cheers,
    Kyle.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

You should definitely look into one step colder plugs.
    And also you should definitely look into an etune!

Thanks for the input, @rayd ! Appreciated.

Not interested in eTuning at the moment - but is something i might investigate down the line Still doesn't sit right with me, the whole remote tuning scenario - but that's a topic for another thread!

Itv22 plugs. Definite!

Colder Plugs, install new AP, load Stage2, scare old people with 3rd gear powerskids...

And then contact @rayd for an awesome tune!
    Plenty of evidence to the contrary!!

Kyle - air box. You don't want to be bringing warm air in through the intake. One day we should pull my corksport frp box out, make a cardboard template, and make you one out of aluminium.

Thanks for the input so far folks! Suggestions on where to buy some new plugs online? Local places here in Perth charge ridiculous prices for everything.

The intake on my CIA sits very low, and near some venting in the guard lining - i'd be interested to monitor temps and see the different between "naked" and with an airbox. But i know people on here seem to hate on CIA over SRI, but the car isn't daily driven so if it's wet and chances of turning into a water-spout, then i don't drive :P

CAI get's a fairly solid following over on our US counterpart forums, and has been known to add some decent increases too due to the ambient temperature of intake being lower than SRI.

Best place I have found is eBay
    There some places in the UK that have the best deals

$12.50 inc postage (UK) vs $29.00 AUS local

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Best place I have found is eBay
    There some places in the UK that have the best deals

$12.50 inc postage (UK) vs $29.00 AUS local
    Thanks! This is obviously a price per estimate?
    Can see a few on eBay, full set looking to be ~$90 - does this sound about right?

Edit: Can i confirm, it's the ITV22.5340? If so, can get for ~USD$33 shipped for 4.
    Last edited by bodyboardingbum; 23-08-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Correct.
    ITV22. 5340.
    Good luck with it all an enjoy Stage2!!

Cai is great for temps, bad for hoovering puddles causing the motor to hydrolock.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

I will be attempting to make a airbox for my next intake. Bunnings here I come

Had a CAI on my last 2 cars and was sick of anus-clenching wet weather.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Thanks! This is obviously a price per estimate?
    Can see a few on eBay, full set looking to be ~$90 - does this sound about right?

Edit: Can i confirm, it's the ITV22.5340? If so, can get for ~USD$33 shipped for 4.
    Link please, I need spark plugs as well

FULLY SICK TAPAROO...

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Thanks for the input so far folks! Suggestions on where to buy some new plugs online? Local places here in Perth charge ridiculous prices for everything.

The intake on my CIA sits very low, and near some venting in the guard lining - i'd be interested to monitor temps and see the different between "naked" and with an airbox. But i know people on here seem to hate on CIA over SRI, but the car isn't daily driven so if it's wet and chances of turning into a water-spout, then i don't drive :P

CAI get's a fairly solid following over on our US counterpart forums, and has been known to add some decent increases too due to the ambient temperature of intake being lower than SRI.
    You got a pre-filter on it too? Should be right if so. I've had my CAI for over 1.5 years now and I've driven through heavy rain etc and have not had water being sucked up over puddles. If the roads look like they have a bit too much water on it though all I do is just drive slowly to make sure no water gets sucked up there.

The standard airbox does a good job of drawing in cool air, provided the car is in motion. The intake temps are generally 1-2 degrees above ambient.

I've got a Cobb intake and airbox on order to see if it does as good a job as the stock airbox.

CAI's are too painful to change the filter and as already mentioned, you have the added risk of water being sucked in.

CAI = longer piping = longer spool, however doubt it would be that noticeable

AP and HPFP are on their way, thanks to Edge

Having a browse around the Cobb website - Are these the maps i'm looking for (click here)?
    So, the Stage2 + cpCAI + TIH + IC 98 v231 ?

Just to confirm - safe to run the CP-e Stage1 OTS until I put it my HPFP internals and run stage 2?

Installed the AP3 tonight HPFP should go in over the weekend.

How long is the "run-in" period?
    Safe to use any MPS-suitable motor oil for lubricant? I don't know what's in mine as the dealership does my log book servicing.

All COBB Sage1 Maps are designed to work with the stock pump. However I would still be monitoring the FP, especially considering you have a aftermarket downpipe. Only have to monitor for the rest of the and then you can install the new internals

Regarding the run in; there are a few MSF threads on this. The basic one seems to be idle for ~15 minutes then drive ~150KM before you go WOT again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast