User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brake pad question

Default brake pad question

Its about that time to swap my brake pads over. The Fronts have a nice squeel to them most of the time and generally feel a bit weaker.

Are there any suggestions out there on brake pads to look at? I was thinking EBC green stuff pads, but some people have said they really are no better then the standard Mazda pads. However they would be cheaper wouldn't they?

Does anyone know any other brake pads to pick up? Ive seen a couple on MPS garage but i've never heard of the brand.

Blog Entries

I know of a few people who have tried the Hawk brand off MPS Garage and they said they were a nice set of pads. The EBC Green Stuff pads are very overrated IMO.

Blog Entries

Ask duglet. He's got some that he reckons don't throw brake dust. I'd be keen for that!

forget greenstuff
    get red stuff
    they operate as good or better than oem at cold temp and only get better as they get hotter.

be sure to change your brake fluid aswell to get the most out of a brake change. try motul dot5 or something like that.

surprisingly the brake dust is less.......which for a ceramic is impressive.

What do the red stuffs typically go for Maniac, I would assume we share brake pads between our cars.

I have the Hawk pads on my car from MPS Garage.

They are just as good, if not better than the OEM pads.

No dust at all...can go a week or 2 with the rims still clean.

Pretty cheap price and I was supporting a sponsor.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

^^ sounds like a plan

If they are the same size as ours

you can get them from ggr for $350 (yes THAT cheap) front and rear shipped.....let me check.

Wow, not a bad price at all.

I believe that the brakes are one of the many similarities between our cars, when I was painting my brakes I did notice they had FoMoCo stamped in the back of the calipers.

havent been able to find out if the pad sizes are the same...........perhaps someone else could be more resourceful ( and not as lazy as me)

Blog Entries

I would be pretty much 90% sure they are since all the Mazda's are stamped FORMCO aka Ford Motor Company on all the brakes underneath

well, someone can ring EBC and ask them. Then order from GGR whilst the exchange rate is favourable.

Quote Originally Posted by MaN|aC View Post
    well, someone can ring EBC and ask them. Then order from GGR whilst the exchange rate is favourable.
    Do you mean EGR?
    Whenever i look up GGR i get GeoGlobal Resources

I know that the MPS6 shares the same front pad with several cars in the Ford family including several Volvo's, Focus GT and Audi S4. But I thought it was a different pad to the MPS3. However when I bought Hawk pads from MPS garage recently they told me the part number is the same for MPS3 and MPS6. Does anyone else know if that's true? Could increase buying power if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Do you mean EGR?
    Whenever i look up GGR i get GeoGlobal Resources
    Im guessing by GGR he means Graham Goode Racing.....its a Focus thing.

I've had a set of QFM pads in my car for a few Mt runs and a track day at Lakeside now, i have to say i've been very very happy with them. They gave better feel then my stock ones and held up to the temperate fine, did not fade at all even after 9+ hot laps. At under $200 for all 4s, its one of the cheapest around. I got the A1RM which is rated to 780C, more than ample for what I do.

I know its different car but brake pads are brake pads, all designed to do the same thing.
    Last edited by Birdhouse; 29-05-2009 at 03:59 PM.

FYI The ebc reds have less dust that Oem and a damn well lot less than the greens after 500kms (they are meant to be at their dustiest now)

they are also made of harder material so they may reduce the life of your rotors .

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhouse View Post
    I've had a set of QFM pads in my car for a few Mt runs and a track day at Lakeside now, i have to say i've been very very happy with them. They gave better feel then my stock ones and held up to the temperate fine, did not fade at all even after 9+ hot laps. At under $200 for all 4s, its one of the cheapest around. I got the A1RM which is rated to 780C, more than ample for what I do.

I know its different car but brake pads are brake pads, all designed to do the same thing.
    Sorry about the thread dig. Just to let everyone know, we're about to become a sponsor on OzMPSClub. Plenty of you will know us and QFM pads from other forums or motorsport, but we've just received out first shipment of QFM A1RM pads to suit MPS3, so we're about to jump on board as a trader here.

The A1RM pads to suit MP3 are $149 for the front set, and $119 for the set. The A1RM is a performance equivalent to Ferodo DS2500, Bendix SRT, or Project Mu HC+.

For more details checkout QFM Performance, give us a bell on 1300 884 836, or stay tuned as we'll be here soon!

Regards,
    Greg

Good to see anther option for the MPS pads, & a good price as well. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Greg, in February you said 3 to 4 months away. Spot on. Shame I wasn't able to stretch my old pads a couple of months longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast