User Tag List

Thread: A Cat's Bed...

Default A Cat's Bed...

Not really a detailing question, but does anyone have any tips on how to stop a neighbors cat from using my bonnet as it's own personal bed? My car gets the carport so it's the warmest, and unfortunately using the garage isn't an option, as it has now been turned into a bar....
    I'm sick of waking up in the morning to cat paw prints on the paint and front window. Luckily no scratches yet, but it's only a matter of time.
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *

Motion sensor activated paintball gun...
    Or more seriously... Find something that'll be uncomfortable for the cat... Put on bonnet (with something soft underneath)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Means I could use the paintball gun on my housemates too.... *ponders*

I thought something along the lines of the rough part of velcro, put a blanket on the bonnet, with strips of that velcro attached to it. Fur gets caught in velcro... Can't be too pleasant.

Cardboard with double sided tape? Don't know if you've ever seen a cat with tape on its paws, but it's friggin funny

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Not a bad idea. I'll set up a GoPro and let everyone watch

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

I heard that a spray bottle with Lemon juice mixed with water works well.

But you need to catch the bastard in the act.

When it cleans itself it will hate it and learn not to come back.

but for more laughs:
    Cat + tape = Experiment - YouTube

Wet the car? Put two wheels on ramps so the bonnet/roof are too sloped for comfort? Put a nice soft blanket in a box at the same height next to the car?

You can buy a thing from pet shops that is supposed to repell cats and dogs. Its like grains you can sprinkle around. Not sure how effective it is.

Failing that.....buy a dog

I had the same thing with my last car. I found how sleeping on it one afternoon (after a fortnight of pissing all over my clean car) and just got the garden hose out and made it rain, he didn't try it agin after that

FOR A SENSIBLE SOLUTION instead of wild guesses and mostly unproven solutions that will mar your paint:

Go to a pet shop or Bunnings and obtain pet deterrent & barrier crystals. Lay them around the perimeter of your car after hosing the surface (paving/concrete?) on which your car is parked thoroughly to wash away previous scents. For best results you need to damp them down and keep them damp with a small amount of water, taking care not to flush them away. After a few days that will be the end of the problem. You can use these to train your pets or other people animals to keep away from all sorts of places where you don't want them. After a while you don't need to refresh very often at all.

I have a cat and he doesn't sit on my cars at all.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Unless the cat leaps from the neighbouring fence (had that issue before).

Let us know what works!

Shoot it ... I can rent you my dog for a couple of nights hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    FOR A SENSIBLE SOLUTION instead of wild guesses and mostly unproven solutions that will mar your paint:

Go to a pet shop or Bunnings and obtain pet deterrent & barrier crystals. Lay them around the perimeter of your car after hosing the surface (paving/concrete?) on which your car is parked thoroughly to wash away previous scents. For best results you need to damp them down and keep them damp with a small amount of water, taking care not to flush them away. After a few days that will be the end of the problem. You can use these to train your pets or other people animals to keep away from all sorts of places where you don't want them. After a while you don't need to refresh very often at all.

I have a cat and he doesn't sit on my cars at all.
    Cheers Doug, didn't know such a thing existed. Might try to pop by after work some time to pick some up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by countrychic View Post
    Unless the cat leaps from the neighbouring fence (had that issue before).

Let us know what works!

Fortunately this cat is fat as all hell, I'm surprised it can even get onto my bonnet.
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *

The crystal stuff I used to sell when working in a pet shop was call "scram" or "piss off" but depends on the brand

You'll find it in Bunning amongst all the snail pellets and bug sprays, etc

see if you can do something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Hilarious and pointless!

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I really hate cats so this gives me a kick every time I watch it...
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Bought a spray last night, sprayed a perimeter around the inside of the carport. No cat marks this morning, so far so good! My paint lives to see another day.