User Tag List

Thread: CP-e TIP + CAI - Won't align?

Default CP-e TIP + CAI - Won't align?

Hello, hello!

Picked up a CP-e TIP from another forum member, went to install this afternoon to replace my stock TIP.
    I already have a CP-e CAI which was fitting with a 3" to 2.5" silicon adaptor (CP-e supplied) to the stock TIP.

Now, after replacing the TIP - It doesn't align with the 3" inlet of the CAI. Am i missing a silicon joiner, perhaps?
    Both the CAI and TIP are 3" inlet/outlets.

Suggestions? Pics attached below, will post from Tapatalk.

Looks like a silicone elbow will fix your problem

Silicone coupler from autobarn should fix this but no idea why it's short

That was my thoughts too, picked up a silicon joiner but the CAI end is higher than the TIP join, and it wouldn't fit.

From further research, there should be an adjustable screw on the mount near the filter on the CAI which adjusts height? - worth noting the CAI was installed when I bought the car.

To adjust the CAI, it's a bumper removal job - is that right?

Cheers guys

You can reach the CAI behind the bumper by taking out the screws and clips on the guard liner. This will save you from having to remove the whole bumper.

Thanks @LittleredMPS, I'll take a look tomorrow in some daylight hopefully there'll be enough adjustment to lower the CAI.

Strange, as both are CP-e!

still got the "accordian" rubber connector?
    based on what i got with my CPE TIP, you got all the parts supplied... the SRI gave me the silicone from TIP connector to MAF housing

Nope, assuming that was part of the stock air box setup? If so, wasn't supplied when I purchased the car as CAI was already installed.

Hopefully there's some adjustment in the CAI mount, will find out tomorrow after I remove the wheel and lining!

I have the CP-E CAI and TIP as well. Mine is joined by a 30 degree (or so) silicone hose that came with it. You are missing that hose.

Thanks @ttshark, wonder if i can purchase the silicon hose by itself... Any chance you can take a photo and upload?

Got it all sorted tonight with some sneaky silicon joiner work. Not overly happy with the fitment, or the shitty hose clamps.

Will replace with better clamps, and if still not happy probably replace the intake.

Power delivery is smoother than before, and surprisingly it's quieter than before! Odd sound, much more subtle and smoother.

Make sure the screw side of the clamp is not on the side your Ecu loom is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Good tip, @Jmac! Already made sure the screws are facing upwards, from the opposite side

#winning , there have been a few loom deaths due to that ^_^ and it's not cheap to fix.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Went for a short-drive today during my lunch break, nothing stressful and no WOT. Few short runs, but mostly highway/freeway driving.

Threw a CEL P0421 (first time). From my research, it's to do with the cat converter being "below threshold" of efficiency... New found airflow from the TIP effect this somehow?

Thoughts?

17. Default

Possible intake air leak.

Apparently the P0421 code is common with aftermarket exhaust/downpipes, of which i have a full CP-e system.

Will check again for leaks, and change some hose clamps when possible - but in the mean time have cleared the CEL and hasn't come back yet...