User Tag List

Thread: Looks like a Police blitz is on...

Default Looks like a Police blitz is on...

I'm gettin from this report many people will be pulled over and tested/fined

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo...-1226699529348

Take note Magna with cracked head that was in front of me yesterday!

Does anyone no how much difference it makes to the emissions having your EGR valve disconnected?

oh yay more revenue raising bullshit

Police all over westall n north road

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Take note Magna with cracked head that was in front of me yesterday!

4 cylinder Magna I assume.
    I think if they don't blow smoke its because they have ran out of oil!
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    4 cylinder Magna I assume.
    I think if they don't blow smoke its because they have ran out of oil!
    I suspect it was water/coolant smoke. Oil smoke would have been even worse though... And it's probably not far from that anyway, lol.

So... If I'm driving my car on a cold winter's morning, and it's "blowing smoke" for a solid 10 minutes whilst the condensation goes away, can Mr police man give me a defect?

Know of plenty of people think the condensation steam is smoke...

What else can you expect from a police state that is broke that will use environmental reg's to justify invasions upon reasonable liberties while the people they are really supposed to be targeting, the inept, the insane, the criminal and the distracted, are ignored in view of easier prey? They need reminding that WE pay THEIR salaries and this isn't the role we envisaged for the police or related bureaucracies.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    So... If I'm driving my car on a cold winter's morning, and it's "blowing smoke" for a solid 10 minutes whilst the condensation goes away, can Mr police man give me a defect?

Know of plenty of people think the condensation steam is smoke...
    They'll give you a fine and it will up to you to waste your time and money to prove your innocence
    #guiltybeforeproveninnocent
    #revenueraising

That's the way it works in VIC

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    What else can you expect from a police state that is broke that will use environmental reg's to justify invasions upon reasonable liberties while the people they are really supposed to be targeting, the inept, the insane, the criminal and the distracted, are ignored in view of easier prey? They need reminding that WE pay THEIR salaries and this isn't the role we envisaged for the police or related bureaucracies.
    When traffic infringements are part of the state's budget and they have a target to reach to make sure the state can function, you know there is something wrong
    If we all managed to not get any fines or significantly reduce the number issued, the fines amounts would then HAVE go up and/or the tolerances would go down to make sure you actually break the law

"I'm sorry Ma'am, I have you doing 60.245 in a 60 zone!"

I have no idea why they would suspend licences for loss of points. I would think they need these people on the roads to fill the coffers on a regular basis

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

SLIXX - : I have no idea why they would suspend licences for loss of points. I would think they need these people on the roads to fill the coffers on a regular basis

Reminds me of the notion that arose out of the recent statistic that found that "60% of drivers are found to have alcohol in their system". Along with the observation that around "40% of accidents involve people who have no alcohol in their systems", it was concluded that booze buses should be setup in greater numbers to stop people and test them and if found to have insufficient alcohol in their blood-streams, they should be immediately topped up and sent on their way. ;o)
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Its just low, I did a trip from Sydney to Melbourne just two weeks ago had 2 cars almost take me out to the point where I violently had to steer the car out of there way (they just didn't look and merged into a lane with no indication.) then had a number of cars take up both sides of the Hume highway sitting on 105 in the 110 zone, then in extremely wet and windy conditions had cars flying past me while I was doing the 110... Yet its the guy on his way to work obeying the road rules that cops the fines? what about common seance or just the ability to drive being looked at? I got a fine the other day for running a red light, I cant remember doing it so it so I'm sure I must have done it, while I cant say I was 'happy' I had no issues paying the fine, I did the wrong I pay for it, its realy simple, but to target in this kind of way is not protecting or serving the community. its just low.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]

There is no common sense in Victoria it's all revenue raising!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah I'm Fed up with the police picking on motoring enthusiasts, seems like we are a soft target. Someone can go drive an old bomb of a car around and police won't give it a second look, but drive past in a modified car and they can't wait to pull you over, even though the old bomb is not roadworthy and the modified car is.
    Since the two main political parties don't have anything good to offer and one of them is sure to get in at the next election I'm going to vote for the motoring enthusiasts party. Call it a protest vote, though at least I know they will be looking out for my interests when it comes to the treatment of modified car owners.
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out