User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How to Handle Handling?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Yeah does look like an awesome track, but with the amount of people they allow on the track at downshift, it doesn't look like you can do a full (or several) hot laps at once.
    How fast can you get on the main straight? I was trying to work it out, but not sure what to expect..
    Havent been on it coz my of car troubles but the ken and that where hitting 170 plus I think down the straight

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Ah ok. Thought i would have been higher. This when he had BT?
    I guess 170 isn't bad though. Anyway, I'm keen as to try it out

Too many factors go into what speed you will get down the straights. But factor in:-
    exit corner speed
    power
    grip
    accellerator control
    balls
    in/experience
    balls to brake early/late
    and other misc factors I've forgotten while posting.

Or, just hit the track and see what happens. First time is a great feeling. End of day always comes around too early.

What day is C&C? I might be able get down there to help with basic setups for the first few runs.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 15-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.

End of day IS early! it's a 6:30 to 8:00 session

Yeah does look like an awesome track, but with the amount of people they allow on the track at downshift, it doesn't look like you can do a full (or several) hot laps at once.
    How fast can you get on the main straight? I was trying to work it out, but not sure what to expect..
    How long is the straight? Whats the speed coming out of the corner and into next corner?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    Or, just hit the track and see what happens. First time is a great feeling. End of day always comes around too early.
    My first session on a track day was absolutely abysmal (Reedy can attest to that as he volunteered to ride shotgun and give me some pointers). I'm talking missed braking points, getting in peoples' way and even indicating approaching a corner a fair few times before I got into 'race track mode'!

But everything had started to gel by the 2nd and 3rd sessions.

@GibbA, just focus on getting acclimatised to the track and being in the car in circumstances other than normal road conditions and the rest will all follow

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    @GibbA, just focus on getting acclimatised to the track and being in the car in circumstances other than normal road conditions and the rest will all follow
    I miss this feeling... so much...
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

8. Default

so i missed alot in this thread... lol

anyway... read your comment about twitchyness under heavy braking, and you never really got a good answer about it.
    Brake bias has a bit to do with it... But I would say that its mainly due to rear toe deflection from the rear bushings flexing. The brake bias on the MPS isnt that horrible... i mean its bad and certainly bit to much front biased... but not that bad.
    Bushing deflection and consequently excessive toe in/out under braking and accel is a common issue amongst most platforms. That's why I was saying earlier to do poly bushings ad an early step.
    that way your wheel alignment is holding true under heavy accel, braking and cornering. rather than flexing all over the joint!

So is said flex causing toe in or out upon deceleration? (just cause I'm curious).
    Also find it interesting you think it's the REAR toe deflection, not the front...
    I think I'm up for new front bushings at some stage soon anyway. Noise upon turning which I think is a buching telling me it wants replacing. I'll see what you think about it when I come down.

10. Default

So is said flex causing toe in or out upon deceleration? (just cause I'm curious).
    Also find it interesting you think it's the REAR toe deflection, not the front...
    I think I'm up for new front bushings at some stage soon anyway. Noise upon turning which I think is a buching telling me it wants replacing. I'll see what you think about it when I come down.
    toe out accel and toe in decel.
    combination of front and rear toe deflection.
    But front end deflection under braking will generally cause wandering of the front under very hard decel and a general sloppy feel.
    your rear end being very twitchy is due to brake bias and too much weight shift. can be due to lack of rear shock extension (mainly coilovers), rear rebound dampening too stiff, and toe and camber deflection.

Basically.. if your front end feels very solid, and your rear end is all over the place... its the rear

but those coilovers in already, this will help a lot as you wont be getting nearly as much of a nose dive under braking.
    not only will this help with the rear toe deflection... It will also greatly benefit your weight transfer.
    Down side to this is... front bushings will be under more strain, so you are likely to then experience wandering of the front end under hard braking

I don't think I mentioned if it was the front or the rear that was twitchy under braking.. Did I? Anyway it was the front that was wondering all over the place (or felt like it anyway..)

the same post you made refenrence about loose rear end was followed by twitchiness in brake. guessing we all assumed this was for the rear twitching. i guess you could've corrected us in the past 2 days/2 pages of posts if you wanted to.

i was also making the asumption that you already had the coilovers in. as i didn't think wasting time and effort on testing before they were in was gona be fruitful for any info collected.

so if the front is twitching, then you have toe steer issues. guessing the control arm is articulating into angles the suspension was never designed for under hard braking. and/or bushes have some tolerances that aren't normally there when new. but it is all wasted speculating about it anyway. as installation of coilovers will be you right back to the start of testing point again. bringing with them another round of problems to solve.

did i mention circles before? well put the coilovers in, and you have completed one circle. ready to start another? the more correct info you can give out with obmissions means reply/responses can be given that wont waste everyones time.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 16-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

I don't think it's been a waste of time because I have learnt. Going in circles isn't a waste either if you make improvements or learn. Also this only applies if you reply from a computer or browser, but in my signature to can see the coilovers arent installed...
    I'll try do them this week.. Fronts should be easy, rear may take a little time though..
    That said, sorry if you feel you've been wasting your time, but no one is making you write replies..

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I don't think it's been a waste of time because I have learnt. Going in circles isn't a waste either if you make improvements or learn. Also this only applies if you reply from a computer or browser, but in my signature to can see the coilovers arent installed...
    I'll try do them this week.. Fronts should be easy, rear may take a little time though..
    That said, sorry if you feel you've been wasting your time, but no one is making you write replies..

If I wasn't busy this week I would help you with the coilovers, If you don't get them in this week and you are free next week wednesday I can help you
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I'm off to QLD Friday night for 2 weeks...

If you're not going to drop into Byron on the way through... Then... Anyway. A few of us will be there mid afternoon...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Leaving Newcastle late Friday night and getting to brisbane early Saturday morning. Thanks, but I'll just keep driving I think.

Really. The biggest collection if MPS's in weeks for QLD and your happy just to cruise on by... Haha.... No sweat mate. Hope to see you up here during your stay.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Hope to come to suspension day.
    I get your point, I'm more keen to see my girlfriend than a huge group of MPSs though.. As hard as that might be to believe haha

That said, sorry if you feel you've been wasting your time, but no one is making you write replies.
    That said. Good luck with it. Hopefully someone else give you the correct info you need.

/Out
    Last edited by projectrracing; 16-09-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678