User Tag List

Thread: Wrx

Default Wrx

Off to Sydney on Thursday to pick up a 2012 Subaru WRX STI R Hatch with No 1 son, could not talk him into buying a MPS. He loves all wheel drive. Lets hope I don't like it. But I will keep doing X lotto to increase my options. rovene46

he loves all wheel drive, could have shown him a 6 MPS but nice choice of car still, if I couldn't have my MPS i'd have saved for a while longer and gotten one of those too if there's nothing that tickles my fancy over the next 5 or 6 years, one of those could still be my next car
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

Golf R for me if no 3mps

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Golf R for me if no 3mps
    Same here.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Golf R is going to turn into a classic car , give an STI a whooping , only negative is the DSG have a look on watercooled VW forum hundreds of pages of problems with DSG which is
    a shame .

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Same here.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4
    Count me in aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Golf R is going to turn into a classic car , give an STI a whooping , only negative is the DSG have a look on watercooled VW forum hundreds of pages of problems with DSG which is
    a shame .
    Only manual as my pride and joy... I like to drive my car!
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

With the price I paid for my car, and buying the AWD kit from the UK and fitting it, I would be out of pocket about the same as buying a Golf R. (not a new one). I'd prefer that option actually to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    With the price I paid for my car, and buying the AWD kit from the UK and fitting it, I would be out of pocket about the same as buying a Golf R. (not a new one). I'd prefer that option actually to be honest.
    I will only buy 2nd hand, as if it breaks I fix it with aftermarket/faster parts.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Golf R have a lot of tuning potential , I realy wanted 1 when I saw in motor magazine when a Golf R with 168 kw ATW zorst, intake, tune and boost leak floged a fully built 277 kw ATW STI, was quicker to 100 by half a second the Golf was.
    Truely underrated car

With the price reduction on the new Audi S3 and soon-to-be new Golf R, a manual version of either of these is looking like a viable option next time around...unless of course Mazda bring out an AWD 3MPS...Jap and Mazda reliability FTW!