User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilwood Brake Kits at EdgeAutosport!

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    That's the old wilwood brakes design though :/

Doesn't have the template for the new ones
    OK. Bugger

Oh i think i just made a mess in my pants.... Thank the lord for these options!! Id like to second the fitment...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Oh i think i just made a mess in my pants.... Thank the lord for these options!! Id like to second the fitment...
    Do you mean a wheel fitment template?

I don't think there is one for the MPS. The best info we have is from what we found installing them on the shop car. They will fit with stock wheels on a first gen if you use 5mm spacers. This would mean that they will fit with any wheel that is at least 5mm less offset than the factory wheel (52mm). Wheel width will play in as well, but offset is most important in this case.

I have OZ Ultraleggeras which is +48mm 8inch wide. For me, its too dicey to take the risk and find out I will need spacers for them to fit...

Hmm... Well i'm on 18X 8.5 45+ on a gen 2, i'm assuming that's going to fit wouldn't it?

I'm gen1 with 17x9 +45 but also have a 5mm spacer, effectively putting me at +40.
    I'm assuming this would fit, but think I'll have to compare my rim fitment to a stock gen1 rim and see if there's that 5mm more clearance over stock.

This is the exact kind of thing I wouldn't buy unless I was 100% sure it would fit. Does seem odd that there were no templates released with them.

I'll be buying in the coming months, when i can afford If there's still no template by then, happy to take some measurements.
    100% confident they will fit under my 18x9 +30 R-Disk Work Meisters, as the R-Disk is designed for BBK's.

just get wheels that are designed to fit bbk....

For those asking before, this is taken from MSF:

Don't know if the pictures will post from my phone but the 4pot fronts fit perfect behind PU stock rims.

if the vendor would've given up the part numbers as requested for the calipers used. then a quick cross reference with wilwood's website would've been able to tell us how far the calipers came out from the rotors. then you just measure your wheels against the new caliper width, and bingo. fits or doesn't fit. it ain't rocket science.

edit/
    After doing some digging, and looking at the product description (for 4 pot on stock rotor version) on the edge website. Looks like these a Dynopro Lug Mount calipers. (I think). Wesite does have 2 different calipers depending on the pictures. Confusing!!!

This version would stick out from the rotor by 42.4mm. So you woul need to measure outwards from your stock rotors 45mm (need 2.5mm tolerance on this kinda stuff) at the outer and inner pad to rotor surfaces (ie the shiney section) to see if they fit.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 15-09-2013 at 09:34 AM.

11. Default

This should help.

This is on the BBK and is the distance from flat part of the hat (where the wheel mates up too) to the edge of the caliper.

These calipers are customized to fit with the MS3 and do not have a standard Wilwood PN.

As you can see in this picture, there is a spacer in the caliper that allows them to be wide enough to fit over the MS3 rotors.

If anyone in Perth wants to test fit, i have some of these on order for my BK3 Welcome to see if your rims clear, once installed on my car.

Just waiting on damn paypal to clear some funds, then they will be on their way from the wonderful @EdgeAutosport.com

Update on fitment from MSF.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...thread.php?p=6

Looks like there are still some issues to be sorted.

Default Wilwood Brake Kits at EdgeAutosport!

Will wait and see, but there have been posts of successful installs so I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Remember the flame battle that happened around Corksports BBK, and it ended up being installer error...

Mine will be in my hands tomorrow, will report back with testing and photos

Mine arrived today, found it interesting that Edge didn't even rebrand/supply their own instructions - they are all obviously from their supplier.
    Instructions are all covered in the FASTBRAKES branding, and their fastbrakes.com website.

Further research, shows that they are listed (same kit - $10 more) on the fastbrakes.com website - as found here.
    Interesting to note, the supplier (Fastbrakes) will supply red calipers at no additional cost. @EdgeAutosport.com on the other hand, charge an additional $100 for red calipers?

Edit: Appears Edge have adjusted their pricing since i ordered. Care to comment?
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

Further developments over with our friends on MSF.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    We are currently looking into it and we'll keep you guys updated.
    Hopefully you don't forget about us Australians, @EdgeAutosport.com ... I will hold off on fitment until you confirm.
    Do 6-pots fit? You can send me an upgrade for the troubles :P

Seriously though, i assumed you'd test fitted prior to selling? Hopefully this is just installer error, like the CS BBK.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

I hope these fit as they look siiick

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Further developments over with our friends on MSF.

Hopefully you don't forget about us Australians, @EdgeAutosport.com ... I will hold off on fitment until you confirm.
    Do 6-pots fit? You can send me an upgrade for the troubles :P

Seriously though, i assumed you'd test fitted prior to selling? Hopefully this is just installer error, like the CS BBK.
    These kits were built for a few guys who used there cars quite frequently on the track. The guy at Fast Brakes who built the kit didn't really know what he had until we came and offered to promote them. They were designed for and used on the track and fitment wasn't an issue for those guys. So as of right now we are not sure where the issue is but we are working with Fast Brakes to resolve it as fast as we can. To my knowledge the 6 pot kit does not have a fitment issue like the 4 pots seem to have. We are going to double check to be 100% sure before we send anymore out though. I will keep you guys posted as more information is gained.

what is the current fitment issue? provided link not working.

Caliper doesn't seat into the rotor 100% without fouling. More details on the MSF thread.

6pot fits.
    4pots don't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast