User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilwood Brake Kits at EdgeAutosport!

How do we order?
    Part number for 4 pot front caliper?
    Part number for brake pad to suit?
    Shipping costs?

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    I had some 17x9 +45 RPF1's that I sold about a week before we got these in or I would test this out for you. I'll see what I can do to get you an idea of what size and offsets will fit.

The factory MS3 wheel is 18x7 +52. The wilwood kit is not as deep as the factory caliper so I don't think the OD will be a problem with the 13" BBK. The factory wheels touch the wilwood caliper when bolted on and tightened down enough that they won't spin. I believe it is a matter of 1mm that keeps them from working with the stock wheels. I'll run out and get some measurements for you guys though
    If you guys can post up a fitment template, I'm sure it will help with the repetitive asking will they fit. It'll also allow people to throw monies at you guys

3. Default

No fitment guide yet, but I feel like the 6pot BBK should fit with 17" wheels no problem. They are just barely to big for the 16" wheels we have our slicks mounted on and a half inch of clearance would be more than enough for them to fit. I will still try to come up with some kind of solid fitment guide though.

No fitment guide yet, but I feel like the 6pot BBK should fit with 17" wheels no problem. They are just barely to big for the 16" wheels we have our slicks mounted on and a half inch of clearance would be more than enough for them to fit. I will still try to come up with some kind of solid fitment guide though.

That would be awesome :-)
    Won't be buying anything without knowing for sure it will fit..

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

@EdgeAutosport.com any chance you would be able to tell us which model number calipers are being used so I can check what the piston sizes are? Mainly to see if the braking bias will change

@EdgeAutosport.com Also are the braided lines certified to some sort of safety standard and will there be an option to add rear braided lines?
    Last edited by lup15; 27-08-2013 at 03:04 PM.

7. Default

I'm not sure on the safety standard, but I'm sure they are as Wilwood would probably not sell them if they didn't.

The caliper kits come with the lines because the factory lines do not fit with the upgraded calipers and likewise, the upgraded lines won't fit with the factory calipers.

I'm not sure on the safety standard, but I'm sure they are as Wilwood would probably not sell them if they didn't.

The caliper kits come with the lines because the factory lines do not fit with the upgraded calipers and likewise, the upgraded lines won't fit with the factory calipers.
    thanks for the response. I only ask as it is illegal to run aftermarket braided lines in Aus unless they meet certain standards. It's good to know that Wilwood make the lines and I'm sure as you have said, that they would be of exceptional quality. Do you think you could check with them if they meet US DOT FMVSS 106 standard?

also I was seeing if you would be able to offer an option to purchase rear braided lines to replace the factory ones, on top of what is provided in the kit. basically so that we can have braided lines all round

if not plenty of mobs in australia that can make approved ones for fronts and rears.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    How do we order?
    Part number for 4 pot front caliper?
    Part number for brake pad to suit?
    Shipping costs?
    Just incase it was missed the first time.

Just go to website and search wilwood it will bring up all parts and numbers can estimate shipping, email or call to get best rate.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

12. Default

Wilwood 13" BBK Front MPS 3
    Wilwood 4 Piston Caliper Kit Front MPS 3
    Wilwood 4 Piston Caliper Kit Rear MPS 3
    Wilwood 6 Piston Caliper Kit Front MPS 3

MPS 6 Brake kits will be coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    thanks for the response. I only ask as it is illegal to run aftermarket braided lines in Aus unless they meet certain standards. It's good to know that Wilwood make the lines and I'm sure as you have said, that they would be of exceptional quality. Do you think you could check with them if they meet US DOT FMVSS 106 standard?

also I was seeing if you would be able to offer an option to purchase rear braided lines to replace the factory ones, on top of what is provided in the kit. basically so that we can have braided lines all round
    I'll check and get back with you.

ADR are iffy on brake lines... And most parts that make your car fun/better the drive.

14. Default

Just to let you guys know, shipping on these kits will be between $150 and $200 depending on where you are located.

Any feedback from Wilwood regarding the brake lines and a fitting template?

16. Default

Any feedback from Wilwood regarding the brake lines and a fitting template?
    Just got confirmation that they do meet the US DOT FMVSS 106 standard.

Still no MPS 6 love?

Just got confirmation that they do meet the US DOT FMVSS 106 standard.
    Awesome! thanks for getting confirmation. You guys might want to update your website, as I'm sure it will add to the selling points. Now just waiting on a fitment template

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Still no MPS 6 love?
    I read on msf that they are coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    That's the old wilwood brakes design though :/

Doesn't have the template for the new ones
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast