User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from future MPS 3 owner

1. Default Hello from future MPS 3 owner

Hi Guys and Girls!!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! I'm based in Sydney
    Currently looking at buying a mps 3 original shape and have started the test drive process....

First drive was like wow and couldn't stop smiling for a while, just have to find the right one now!
    I wanted to buy the first one but trying to be patient as I've been burnt doing this kind of thing before (WRX)

I currently drive an e51 Nissan Elgrand Rider and looking to downsize as the kids have cousins who have their licenses now.
    Hopefully be an owner sooner rather than later!!!!

Anyway I'll keep reading and researching things and will keep you updated on my purchase........hopefully I can get a forum member to come out and have a look with me when I've narrowed it down to a couple!!
    Based in western Sydney if anyone could give a helping hand!!!

Hi and Welcome
    There are meets out at olympic park and i'm sure someone would be willing to take you for a ride and give you some tips of things to look out for when buying one of these cars.
    Good luck with finding the right one, patience will be rewarded with an immaculate example I'm sure of it!

Cheers.

3. Default

Thanks Gibba!!

That's my the main thing....patience!! but i want it now...lol
    It'll be worth the wait for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    Thanks Gibba!!

That's my the main thing....patience!! but i want it now...lol
    It'll be worth the wait for sure!!!
    Yes it will. I waited for over a year (partly because i was still on my p's ), but there are immaculate ones out there. I got lucky, but just keep test driving and you'll get a good one.

Look up videos on youtube regarding the timing chain ticking problem. Not sure if you're aware of it, but there are come cases where the timing chain has stretched and hits on the inside of the valve cover. Be sure to listen out for then when looking for a car (familureise yourself with the sound it makes from YT because it's a very expensive sound..), also, just let the car idle for ~10mins or so, see if any smoke comes out the exhaust after this time, this could mean the seals on the turbo are gone. Just something else to look out for
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Welcome mate! I would be more than happy to point you in the right direction and I'm based in Western Sydney, plenty of info on here for things to look out for too.

Welcome mate

Welcome buddy!

Welcome champ. There are members coming out of the wood work! Best be getting into the meet ups coming into favourable season too

9. Default

HEy Hey!! Finally at the test drive negotiating stage...................i've got my eye on a few across Sydney at the moment! Bit of short notice but anyone keen to help me out on looking at one In Penrith tomorrow morning? Lemme know if anyone willing to look at this 2011 mps3.

I checked it out the other day and seems pretty clean with one owner with 26000km on it. Would really like someone who has looked at these before to check it out with me......willing to pay with alcohol!!!

Best of luck with it. Few people at Penrith, @AzzA SP20

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

11. Default

Working today so cant help ya out there mate... sorry.
    If it was tomorrow would be no worries.

Best of luck anyway mate

Can't go wrong with only 26000 and looks like it's still under Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Can't go wrong with only 26000 and looks like it's still under Warranty
    If it's been serviced, hasn't been in a accident, has no money owing on it and a good price, then go ahead and buy it!
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

14. Default

So after test driving, back and forth negotiating with dealer, im happy to say I will be picking it up mid week. Once all money clears, I'll finally be driving the car I've been wanting!!! So excited right now and can't wait....will post up pics once I get it!!!

Woop woop

15. Default

Oh, it's a 2011 model with 26000km full service history and 1 owner.....really really clean, so happy with how clean/straight it is. Still smells like a new car!!

Sounds like a great buy! Look forward to meeting you and seeing your car on one of our meets or cruises

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    Oh, it's a 2011 model with 26000km full service history and 1 owner.....really really clean, so happy with how clean/straight it is. Still smells like a new car!!
    Bet you're excited, I know the exact feeling myself

What colour? Completely stock?
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

18. Default

Thanks guys...picked it up this arvo!!

Silver/grey and completely stock...haven't had a chance yet to go for a good run but keep perving at it from the front windows....
    I'll check out the meetups for sure!!!

Congrats mate. Exciting times. Good vintage and bloody low ks. Great colour too. Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

20. Default

I thought I'd post some pics after a month and half ownership............sorry too busy enjoying this bloody car!!!!
    Just put new wheels on yesterday.....not tooo sure if i'll keep them as im a bit paranoid as they have a bees dick of poke, most likely illegal.
    Will post wheel details in wheel section

All stock apart from wheels.................looking at Ecutek flash soon hopefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast