User Tag List

Thread: boost tee fuel cut .?

1. Default boost tee fuel cut .?

Hey guys and girls

Been thinking on spending a bit on the mazda when im back in Australia got my cpe pod and defi set up but I was looking at upping the boost and re tune.

My question is will I have fuel cut if I up the boost ? I been told I would just want to hear what other mps onwers have had also what else should I do and not do.

Thanks kindly
    Kavla

How are you planning on re tuning? Cobb AP?
    You will need to upgrade fuel pump internals if you do exhaust and intake mods with a retune as fuel pressure will drop too much (It's a good precaution to take by upgrading them anyway), but i'm not sure how high you can up the boost from the KO4 without moving into a range where it is no longer efficient.
    I know that several people in the US are running 20+ PSI on the stock turbo, but then have heard others say that it is not operating efficiently at this level.
    Best to read up, and be sure of what you're doing before upping the boost on any car.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Why would u have fuel cut if u up the boosts?,not heard this one,do you mean u might drop fuel pressure if yes to that put in HPFP and u will be right to go

You will hit fuel cut/boost cut if you are upping the boost and it overboosts past the limits set in the map.
    Adjust WGDC or something like that so it keeps the boost on WOT under the limits, or you can raise the limits if you know the turbo/engine is capable

Quote Originally Posted by kavla View Post
    Hey guys and girls

Been thinking on spending a bit on the mazda when im back in Australia got my cpe pod and defi set up but I was looking at upping the boost and re tune.

My question is will I have fuel cut if I up the boost ? I been told I would just want to hear what other mps onwers have had also what else should I do and not do.

Thanks kindly
    Kavla
    Boost cut tee............. JUST NO the end! If you tune there is no need for the tee or any other shit add on like this. well that is until you go nuts after 250kw+ :P.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    You will hit fuel cut/boost cut if you are upping the boost and it overboosts past the limits set in the map.
    Adjust WGDC or something like that so it keeps the boost on WOT under the limits, or you can raise the limits if you know the turbo/engine is capable
    CPe were doing this with there ecu flash didn't end well for me, they would up the limit of fuel and boost cut throttle restriction gone for there standback! Wonder why they stopped doing it
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 14-08-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Well yeah you are always better off adjusting wgdc to keep it under the limits, no issues thus far

8. Default

Thanks for the rplys guys but the car will be up for sale whem Im back in australiamods delete if u like