User Tag List

Thread: ECUTEK limitations

Default ECUTEK limitations

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Shall have a go at reverse taper to 25psi soon, ready for WSID
    Im gana have a chat to Jim about this as well and get tune to my liking! I will leave the car there a couple of days ... Last time Jim said if I was to raise the boost above 23psi I will need after market stand alone boost controller, I think what he saw was the standard MAP sensor maxing! with the 3 bar shouldn't be a issue. I'm sure the ecutek soft ware can go to 25psi @SarcasticOne @LittleredMPS
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 12-08-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

standard Tmap is only 2.5bar (36.2594psi) - 1 bar for atmosphere = 21.5594psi

After this the Tmap sensor has no resolution, and you require a 3 bar Tmap to resolve boost at any higher boost level.

3 bar Tmap and adaptor lead is readily available for PNP fitment, just need to recalibrate it to work correctly.

As for Ecutek software capabilities, I am not convinced that it is capable of safely tuning high boost, large turbo, applications on the MPS. I still think it is missing some of the required map fields to safely tune high power MPS's.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

@LittleredMPS I made a revision to my post Jim said I need a stand alone EBS

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    @LittleredMPS I made a revision to my post Jim said I need a stand alone EBS
    Guess that's one set of tables we know are missing from ecutek then...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Guess that's one set of tables we know are missing from ecutek then...
    Might be AP time than for me!?

Running standalone boost controllers on the mps is a no-no. If the software cannot tune to that boost level, if you have a 3 bar tmap, then the software is not capable enough. Our PCM is more than capable of being pushed, with tuning, to far above 25psi.

Might be AP time than for me!?
    You wont regret it, Accessport FTW

phone call to Jim in order me thinks!

you have a sensor to read to 28psi... but cant tune past 21psi cause of ecutek...
    wondering where the limit is... but this should all probably be in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    you have a sensor to read to 28psi... but cant tune past 21psi cause of ecutek...
    wondering where the limit is... but this should all probably be in another thread
    Was thinking the same thing... Mods @LittleredMPS :P

Posts from dyno performance thread moved into ECUTEK limitations, as requested.
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 14-08-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Make the thread, Ill move the posts to it.
    What about I start a thread in the TH section so Jim can answer?

Default ECUTEK limitations

Im gana have a chat to Jim about this as well and get tune to my liking! I will leave the car there a couple of days ... Last time Jim said if I was to raise the boost above 23psi I will need after market stand alone boost controller, I think what he saw was the standard MAP sensor maxing! with the 3 bar shouldn't be a issue. I'm sure the ecutek soft ware can go to 25psi @SarcasticOne @LittleredMPS
    after this post, was just wondering if someone who's used the ECUTEK could give their 2 cents on the limitations of it...
    it seems there is some issues allowing us to use this for BT'ed MPS's...

AP/Versatuner has access to tables to allow us to run 3 and 3.5 bar MAP sensors and make use of the extra resolution

we also get access to fueling tables that allow us to change injector phasing and fuel specific gravity (e85 mixes)
    also wondering if you can change when the knock sensor stays active until, on stock tune, it turns off after 5500rpm
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

14. Default

What about I start a thread in the TH section so Jim can answer?
    Suppose it would be good in the TH section then once all resolved etc stickied in the turbo intake or ECU mod folder for others planning BNR3 or GTX with Ecutek 9such as myself) ...not sure if the Subarus use a different ecutek rom but there are a few of them around running Ecutek with around 26 - 28psi

Oh and Rob, amazing results you are getting from yours so far. what does it feel like compared to the ko4 regarding spool and kick in the pants (bum dyno)
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Well, it's not just a TH issue... It's an issue for anyone who tunes using ecutek

Thread in ECU section: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16435

Better get your standback back lol

17. Default

Wil be following this closely, i did a quick search of Ecutek and big turbos and it gave a few results of Subarus with ecutek running 26-28 psi, not sure if Ecutek have a different rom for them as they get the option of FFS and LC with it, im thinking they optimized it more for the popular subarus, nissans.
    Rob who had is GTX done by MRT could possibly find out from them what it can do with mazdas

@Ambrose @ Tunehouse Can you or Jim shed some light on this plz

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Better get your standback back lol
    Needs to ring Em and tell her mitch has been a bad boy and needs punishment!

Just looked in VT tables, Have a limit of 400kpa (58.01psi), scaling map sensors as required and to monitor you can select the type of sensor you have fitted although I think once the map is scaled the map readout is the same as selecting map fitted read out (can check that tomorrow)