User Tag List

Thread: self service questions MPS3

1. Post self service questions MPS3

Hey everyone!

wanting to service my '07 MPS 3 my self. I'm going to ask some very noob questions.

My oil is fine, know what im doing. The one's im having trouble finding info on are the following:

• Coolant - noticed the MPS 3 is blue coolant, the manual says to use FL22 if shown on the cap but it doesn't - so im wondering what type of coolant i need to add.
    • Power Steering fluid - going a little low - wondering what type i need
    • brake/clutch fluid - wondering what type i need

Im assuming the spark plugs are the same as the MPS 6? ITV 22 gapped at 0.8

If anyone could help, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Not sure about much of that. I'm at the same stage, servicing myself so most of those questions id like answer to as well.
    I do know the plugs must be .27 or about 6.85mm
    Hopefully I helped! Good luck!

I do all the servicing on my car so will put my 2cents in,

* FL22 would be recommended and can be brought from most Mazda and Ford spare parts places, Valvoline Zerex is another good option as it contains ethylene glycol which is needed to help prevent aluminium engines from corroding (I think). If you are buying concentrate pick up some distilled water from the supermarket to mix it with.

* Any reputable brand power steering fluid should be fine but don't quote me on that (no probs in the last ten years I've been servicing my cars)

* I recommend either Castrol or Motul dot 4 onwards brake fluid, if you have time and a second pair of hands/another right foot to pump the brake pedal, bleed your brakes with new fluid.

ITV 22 are slightly colder plugs but from what some people say, even knowledgeable tuners such as COBB, ITV 22 plugs are a good purchase. Gap them to 0.028", although I think they come gapped to .028" so maybe just check.

Boom! think that was more like 9cents sorry

Quote Originally Posted by miklz View Post
    Hey everyone!

wanting to service my '07 MPS 3 my self. I'm going to ask some very noob questions.

My oil is fine, know what im doing. The one's im having trouble finding info on are the following:

• Coolant - noticed the MPS 3 is blue coolant, the manual says to use FL22 if shown on the cap but it doesn't - so im wondering what type of coolant i need to add.
    • Power Steering fluid - going a little low - wondering what type i need
    • brake/clutch fluid - wondering what type i need

Im assuming the spark plugs are the same as the MPS 6? ITV 22 gapped at 0.8

If anyone could help, that would be awesome.

Thanks!
    Plugs: NGK ILTR6A8G
    Coolant: 7.5L OAT longlife pre-mixed
    Power steering: Any ATF fluid
    Brake/clutch fluid: Any DOT 4 brake and clutch fluid

5. Default

thats awesome.. thanks guys!

Do not mix coolants products , you will find that when you drain original coolant you will always have residual still left in motor , Your service manual states litre volume and you will never get that quantity out.
    Buy some extra de mineral water ,4litre bottles are cheap, Drain radiator fully, close radiator plug, re fill with plain demin water , run motor to make sure you fully open thermostat (operating temp) de min water will thoroughly mix with residual coolant .
    Re empty radiator and fill with new coolant ,make certain to burp the radiator .
    Hope this helps.