User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could be possibly moving to Sydney.

Man, sad to hear your heading down south, but you gotta go where the opportunities are. Good luck with the suburb search. Make sure you keep us posted on when your moving...gotta have a HUGE send off before you go....

Nvm misread

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I was waiting for someone to comment on that one.hehe
    .. Or if you want your car on bricks missing all 4 wheels..

Depends how long you want to sit on a train, the rail network is really good at least!
    For me, id prefer sutherland/padstow/revesby/cronulla

If you are looking to use the train, look for a station which is on a line that stops at Circular Quay.

As @Jmac said, all comes down to how long you can/want to tolerate sitting on a train. The longer that time is, the more options open up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Man, sad to hear your heading down south, but you gotta go where the opportunities are. Good luck with the suburb search. Make sure you keep us posted on when your moving...gotta have a HUGE send off before you go....
    Yeah I know, it'll be hard but the opportunity is why, nothing confirmed yet. Will do man Huge send off would be awesome wouldn't have it any other way.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

My wing man is leaving me.... who will I get to help me pull out my coilovers lol..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Somewhere with a garage and within your budget. Depends on what you want from your 'home' suburb as to where you should live! We lived north shore but too far from a train line which proved a mistake for getting out of the CBD in a timely manner each afternoon. Rozelle, Lilyfield, Balmain and bicycle into work at the Rocks?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Depends how long you want to sit on a train, the rail network is really good at least!
    For me, id prefer sutherland/padstow/revesby/cronulla
    Don't forget to add panania.. That's where I live ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default Could be possibly moving to Sydney.

The north shore is easy access to freeway and old pacific hwy. Prob one of the best places in Sydney for 4th gear WOTS!
    30min train to city from where I live in Turramurra. Most roads a faaaarrrrked tho

11. Default

I recently moved Padstow and its a nice quiet suburb, alot of pensioners live around here so its fairly tame.
    Close to Bankstown so easy to get good food and no fully sick uleh's.

I cant really comment on catching public transport as I choose to drive to north sydney everyday but from what I can see there are no shit bags hanging around the station.

If I had a choice I would move back to the eastern suburbs around Maroubra/Pagewood/Matraville/Botany. Close to major shops,close to the city and close to the beach.No train lines though

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by An41 View Post
    I recently moved Padstow and its a nice quiet suburb, alot of pensioners live around here so its fairly tame.
    Close to Bankstown so easy to get good food and no fully sick uleh's.

I cant really comment on catching public transport as I choose to drive to north sydney everyday but from what I can see there are no shit bags hanging around the station.

If I had a choice I would move back to the eastern suburbs around Maroubra/Pagewood/Matraville/Botany. Close to major shops,close to the city and close to the beach.No train lines though
    Mate, I live in panania.. ;-)
    Train services are pretty good. Generally, it used to take me about 30 mins to city by express train..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It all comes down to where you work, how much you can afford and what kind of residence/place/location you are after. I have lived on the south side of Sydney all my life. The bus stop is a fair walk, although schools are a close walk. You must catch a bus to the train station and where I am is smack bang between Padstow or Sutherland. Although the bush & beach make up for this + I drive everywhere anyway. You also have to look at where your working and how far you are willing to travel to work and waste time in traffic. I can say I travel to the west daily, with the average trip taking around 1hr doing 70-90kms a day in Peak hour, although like everything you get use to it and it becomes not so bad. Also pretty sure everyone is being sarcastic when they say punchbowl, Lakemba, etc. If you do move around these areas, please be careful & keep a close watch on your car You have eastern creek in the west & also I'd say close access to a lot of things there. Living where I live I enjoy going brighton, Cronulla, la perouse, Bundeena, Wollongong etc when I just want to go for a sunday drive or breakfast/lunch/dinner, much the same distance to the city as west (40mins), you have to think about what you enjoy doing with your free time outside of work to.
    Last edited by MATMPS; 13-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Padstow train line is great!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

ITS OFFICIAL I AM MOVING TO SYDNEY!!! Be there in Early September.

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Awesome, where you moving too?

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Awesome, where you moving too?
    Don't know just yet trying to sort it out. But will be around the city to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    No my partner in crime is leaving me lol good shit ken good luck with the new job.... anyone in Sydney with a 6 needs coilovers done just ask ken ahahHhaba

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Jeez only a few weeks time @MissJody9 I think an opportunity for u to organise your first send-off shindig as events coordinator

Sounds like a good opportunity for you Ken ( reigning QR champ).
    Enjoy the Sydney traffic

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast