User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratified Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    Lol welcome to the forum "new name" lol told you stratified are best
    hehe..thanks mate. Thanks also for following the journey and offering advice
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Hi Bob I've been following your journey also , but I can't give you any advice because I know way less about this tuning stuff then you do . I'm nervous about installing the Cobb V3 I got last week , in case I stuff things up . Hope you get it all sorted out soon so you can take me for a spin next time we meet up and see what I'm missing out on .

Quote Originally Posted by jnj62 View Post
    Hi Bob I've been following your journey also , but I can't give you any advice because I know way less about this tuning stuff then you do . I'm nervous about installing the Cobb V3 I got last week , in case I stuff things up . Hope you get it all sorted out soon so you can take me for a spin next time we meet up and see what I'm missing out on .
    hey John, nothing to worry about with the Cobb mate. As i'm going through the process i'm finding there's generally little kinks that need to be ironed out once you start custom tuning as your trying to find the thresholds of the engine to maximise power, torque and efficiencies... but OTS maps are fine. I had trouble originally because of basic stuff like loose hoses etc. Car was also running a piggyback computer for 2 years which was removed right before the Cobb AP was loaded so this would have also contributed to the issues i was having early on (like the over-boosting condition etc).

Only positive stuff comes from Cobb AP....from learning more about the inner workings of your car to improvements with performance & the overall health...all really addictive stuff ...oh having torque limiters removed in 1st and 2nd gears = loads of fun...The other thing is the Cobb is SO user friendly...you can essentially plug it in and follow the prompts...

So when are you back in Brisbane???...need to take you for a WOT log run in 4th 60 to 100 miles per hour in less then 6.5 secs feels fantastic and there's still heaps more time to come off that apparently
    Last edited by LRRH; 20-08-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Yeh Bob from what I've read the Cobb AP is user friendly as you said , but because I've had no previous experience with this tuning stuff I just want to make sure I do it right . Had the son in law download the maps off the computer on the weekend so it's just getting time to install it . I'll be down in Brissy for the weekend on the 31st August ,if you've got time it would be good to get together and check out all the mods you've done. Like your new user name but you might have to change it to CelestrialBlur once you get the tune finished cause it sounds like its going to be one quick MPS,

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    ...oh having torque limiters removed in 1st and 2nd gears = loads of fun...The other thing is the Cobb is SO user friendly...you can essentially plug it in and follow the prompts...

...need to take you for a WOT log run in 4th 60 to 100 miles per hour in less then 6.5 secs feels fantastic and there's still heaps more time to come off that apparently
    1st & 2nd are now useless

6.5 is pretty decent, hopefully there is plenty more to come! Enough to scare all the Commonwhores in the land!

I might have overlooked it, but is there any VD numbers yet?
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 21-08-2013 at 03:54 AM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Yeh Bob from what I've read the Cobb AP is user friendly as you said , but because I've had no previous experience with this tuning stuff I just want to make sure I do it right . Had the son in law download the maps off the computer on the weekend so it's just getting time to install it . I'll be down in Brissy for the weekend on the 31st August ,if you've got time it would be good to get together and check out all the mods you've done. Like your new user name but you might have to change it to CelestrialBlur once you get the tune finished cause it sounds like its going to be one quick MPS,
    Sounds good mate, car goes for for further opticoating on the 1st sept so maybe a catch-up on the Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    1st & 2nd are now useless

6.5 is pretty decent, hopefully there is plenty more to come! Enough to scare all the Commonwhores in the land!

I might have overlooked it, but is there any VD numbers yet?
    Hey mate, Did a VD early on...after 2nd map was loaded. Page 2 of this thread. Was yielding fairly reasonable numbers already. Hoping to update to the current numbers in the next day or so....

Sounds good Bob, would sometime after lunch suit you. What part of Brissy do you live ? I'm over Riverhills way or do you want to meet up somewhere.

Sounds good Bob, would sometime after lunch suit you. What part of Brissy do you live ? I'm over Riverhills way or do you want to meet up somewhere.
    Cool! Could plan a catch up over your way if you like

So 4th map loaded....wot logs performed last night...in general things are looking fairly strong all round...some knock happening well past 6k in 3rd but this is better then in the lower rev range from the previous map...

For those considering this journey...DO IT! One thing i will say though is it's critical to research good places to perform the logs before you sign up for custom tunning.. I feel like i've wasted a good portion of my tuning time attempting WOT logs on roads that simply weren't right for it...Minimum requirements are to find flat, straight, no traffic and about 2-3kms. Could be the difference between struggling to reach 5k in 4th and going well past 6k easily...reaching the thresholds of your car's engine is critical to getting the most benefit from your tune and the only way to do this is to max out your WOT logs everytime...I know these comments are 101 for some, so this is more targeted towards people like me who have not had a whole lot of experience with tuning...Thankfully, although under no obligation to do so, Mike from Stratified has offered an extension to my tuning time at no extra charge which i'm very grateful for....i think @slixx received the same offer. Very good service

3rdGearWOT5.csv

4thGearWOT5.csv
    Last edited by LRRH; 21-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.

You don't have to have a flat road for logs... Quite a number of mine were on slight inclines etc, just need flat for VD

The big things are finding one that's straight for at least 6-700m (approx time to decelerate, put in gear, accelerate, and slow down again) and with no traffic... Also, because you're doing this on private roads, there should be no need to worry about the police suddenly appearing from a little hidey hole

But yes, it's an incredibly rewarding experience, and teaches you what all the logging etc means

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

When suggesting 2-3 kms i was probably referring to my own experience. My tuner predominately requires 3rd and 4th gear WOT logs. Ideally you would like a stretch of road that long so that you could perform 1 log right after the other....but per log you're right Sam.

Regarding my comment on the straight, flat road...again you're not lying when you say this is perfect for VD, my point however relates to the performance level of the driver when carrying out the log. Straight and flat in-stills more confidence to keep your foot flat-to-the-floor, from the prescribed 3k right upto (and sometimes beyond) the suggested 6.5k. Again it comes back to how much "value" you can acheive from your logging in general. If i'd qualified the right road correctly early on in the piece i wouldn't have wasted time attempting logs that gave me little to no credible data to take back to Mike...hence why i'm 2 days away from my tuning period expiring with still a fair bit of tuning to go...again, most likely have this figured out but for the few like myself i feel it's valuable information..

Bob

You logs look great, bit concerniong was the knock and AFR in the end of that 3rd gear log, but you 4th was impressive

6.18sec 60-100mph, you're already passing me

Guessing @RacerMike is finding the limits and will be able to find a happy and safe medium

Enjoy it while you can, coz once you finish, you find yourself wanting to do logs!
    Last edited by slixx; 21-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Bob

You logs look great, bit concerniong was the knock and AFR in the end of that 3rd gear log, but you 4th was impressive

6.18sec 60-100mph, you're already passing me

Guessing @RacerMike is finding the limits and will be able to find a happy and safe medium

Enjoy it while you can, coz once you finish, you find yourself wanting to do logs!
    Haha...thanks Pete, yeah really enjoying this now and watching the improvements with every map. You're right about 3rd gear Knock and AFR but at least it gives Mike a good read on where to go next...4th feels fantastic but am sure there's more to come....can't wait to receive the next map...

Haha...thanks Pete, yeah really enjoying this now and watching the improvements with every map. You're right about 3rd gear Knock and AFR but at least it gives Mike a good read on where to go next...4th feels fantastic but am sure there's more to come....can't wait to receive the next map...
    Really good to hear. You are feeding my withdrawals on the anticipation of waiting for the next map

My best time was a 6.53, but it was dialled back later. Can't wait til I order my TMIC and do it all again

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Feedback from Mike after submitting my latest round of logs...

Hi Bob -

The KR you see in the 3rd gear log is from hitting the rev limiter. The logs are really clean. The boost is still a bit higher than I want, but not unsafe. I'm trying to make changes to let the ECU handle the load/boost corrections rather than making a hard wastegate duty cycle change and forcing it. It is always better if the ECU does the thinking.

Next iteration attached. If I can't the ECU to do its' job this time I will make the WGDC change.

Too much boost... Crazy talk!

60-100 is looking very nice! Looking forward to sub 6 seconds next update.

So kinda gettin' on with it at the moment ..3rd night in a row. Revision 5. As per Mike's comments...boost has been dialed back now, only just going over 20psi. I think the sweet spot would be 20.5 - 21psi. With the slightly lowered boost came a slightly slower 60-100 time (another reason may have been that the car came off power for a split second when she launched a little high on an undulation in the road which activated the T/C ) . Car feels strong though in 3rd and 4th with power seemingly on tap...Small issue with AFRs but i think this is Mike testing the water a bit...Bring on number 6!

3rdGearWOT6.csv

4thGearWOT6.csv

Default Stratified Tune

Wow. I love it
    Map after map after map

I had to contend with bad weather, timing, weekends & work + had to get my car fixed

No wonder mine took 66days!!

20. Default

So kinda gettin' on with it at the moment ..3rd night in a row. Revision 5. As per Mike's comments...boost has been dialed back now, only just going over 20psi. I think the sweet spot would be 20.5 - 21psi. With the slightly lowered boost came a slightly slower 60-100 time (another reason may have been that the car came off power for a split second when she launched a little high on an undulation in the road which activated the T/C ) . Car feels strong though in 3rd and 4th with power seemingly on tap...Small issue with AFRs but i think this is Mike testing the water a bit...Bring on number 6!

3rdGearWOT6.csv

4thGearWOT6.csv
    Turn that TC switch off when logging, you would be amazed how it can affect logs for no reason, it's sniffing to cut power.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast