User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Brissy_MPS3 View Post
    I had the JBR 70 duro rear engine mount installed a few weeks ago when the car was in for the 20,000 km service. Also replaced tranny fluid with Castrol Syntrans.

Driving back to the office, the vibrations were godawful. Noise was huge, but not in a terrible way. A bit droney but not too bad.

Now have around 800km on the mount - the vibration and noise have died down a lot, but still getting substantial vibration on clutch friction point and on over run. I heard these mounts take a while to settle down so I'll re-assess later, although it feels 'almost normal' apart from the clutch friction point and over run. The extra noise, whilst not as loud as that first day, actually sounds good. I always though the 2.3 sounded like arse and the extra noise does a good job in masking that.

In terms of the way it changes the car, very pleased. With the jbr shifter bushings, new oil and the rmm, the box finally behaves itself. 1-2 is still a bit of a pain when cold, but the other gears are awesome now. Still get the shift clunk occasionally but less than before. Torque steer is still there but hugely reduced.

I tried installing the jbr ssp, but it keeps fouling my airbox, even with spacers on the box. Perhaps they weren't aligning up properly. Even so, if the box needs to be raised that high, then the pipe from the cai won't fit properly.
    Do dealers charge much extra for labour when installing parts? I guess for a REM it wouldn't take them long with the equipment they have at disposal.

I also found the JBR SSP misaligned my stock air box even with the rubber spacers. However the stock air intake hose feeding into the air box has those grooves that allow it to stretch a little to fit into place.
    2009 Aluminium Gen II MPS Luxury
    COBB AP v3 FREEKTUNED | HTP 3" Intake | AT HPFP Internals | DM RMM | DM PMM | Koni FSD | TS Kompact BPV | CS FTSB | JBR SSP | JBR SSB | RA Mudflaps
    Pending:

Technically, its a extra 2 min job for any mechanic to remove/install a REM when the car's already up on the hoist. But, extra's extra.....so if they do charge a extra $20, its not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    Do dealers charge much extra for labour when installing parts? I guess for a REM it wouldn't take them long with the equipment they have at disposal.

I also found the JBR SSP misaligned my stock air box even with the rubber spacers. However the stock air intake hose feeding into the air box has those grooves that allow it to stretch a little to fit into place.
    Yeah they do charge extra, I wanted my gearbox flushed out and refilled at the same time and I got charged an hour of labour for it (gearbox + mount). Was probably a bit of a rip off but on this occasion I didn't have time to do it myself so gladly paid to get it done.

With those grooves, I found over time the air intake hose works loose and doesn't sit on properly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123