User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mps3er View Post
    I've had the inserts for 8 months now and I've only now just noticed a wee bit of slack coming back. not nearly as close to the stock slackness but it is there nonetheless. I'm not sure whether that is because the inserts are wearing out or whether the bolts have loosened a bit. I didn't have a torque wrench at the time so it was just tightening up on best efforts lol. but i will get under there and have a look again, now that i have a torque wrench..
    Thanks for that. I just noticed wheel hop for the first time the other day, so I'm keen to iron out all slackness but hate rattles haha.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    If you don't like vibes I have a CPE 65d and didn't notice any vibes at all I think I will be upgrading to a CPE stage 2 mount as I still get wheel hop with the 65 duro
    Just looking at the CPE stage 2 mount on the rpmstore. Naming is all over the place. Rear engine mount, engine mount, passenger side engine mount, drivers side engine mount and drivers side transmission mount!

Engine mount usually = rear engine mount.
    Passenger side engine mount = our drivers side mount.

Transmission mount = our transmission mount or passenger mount!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by RockDr View Post
    Thanks for that. I just noticed wheel hop for the first time the other day, so I'm keen to iron out all slackness but hate rattles haha.

Just looking at the CPE stage 2 mount on the rpmstore. Naming is all over the place. Rear engine mount, engine mount, passenger side engine mount, drivers side engine mount and drivers side transmission mount!
    Yes it can get a bit confusing ,if your not going to have a big mod list a REM is prob all you need if stock mounts are ok, have a look at the CS Tranny inserts @RedDjinn swears by there inserts.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

FOR SURE, their gearbox inserts are a good thing!

If you want as little NVH stick with the street options or 65duro. I only have the CPE Stage 2 and it is a good compromise between having a stable engine and NVH. You definately notice an increase in NVH though.

I wish they made the tranny insert for the Gen 1 too

6. Default

The Corksport billet rear mount is getting good reviews, apparently has just about zero vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    If you want as little NVH stick with the street options or 65duro. I only have the CPE Stage 2 and it is a good compromise between having a stable engine and NVH. You definately notice an increase in NVH though.

I wish they made the tranny insert for the Gen 1 too
    I didn't know the CS Tranny insert was for a Gen2 only?
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I didn't know the CS Tranny insert was for a Gen2 only?
    dunno, but they dont list the part under Gen 1, only Gen 2. I'm happy to be proven wrong

9. Default

right I have a cp-e rear engine and got both jbr tranny and drivers mounts 70a duro the car feel more planted but there is a whine from the gear box which I solved with a transmission change using ford gearbox oil 75w 90 and some friction modifier redline
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31OWgQpiE4L.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	15375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9C67313DA6A54217736E57708AF3C7E.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	15376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0153.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	15377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0158.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	15378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0159.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	15379  

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    right I have a cp-e rear engine and got both jbr tranny and drivers mounts 70a duro the car feel more planted but there is a whine from the gear box which I solved with a transmission change using ford gearbox oil 75w 90 and some friction modifier redline

Nice dude... appreciate that

might get myself some of that friction modifier too, as I shall be installing my 70d side mounts this weekend

how are you finding the mounts so far? bit harsh? or not too bad?

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    Nice dude... appreciate that

might get myself some of that friction modifier too, as I shall be installing my 70d side mounts this weekend

how are you finding the mounts so far? bit harsh? or not too bad?
    not too bad now but I have only done 100 miles.when I first put them in and started the car,i thought what the hell have done god only knows what 88a dora is likebut I do insist on changing the gearbox oil for fresh stuff with the friction modifier,glad too help out

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    not too bad now but I have only done 100 miles.when I first put them in and started the car,i thought what the hell have done god only knows what 88a dora is likebut I do insist on changing the gearbox oil for fresh stuff with the friction modifier,glad too help out
    ahaha sweet... that's kinda what I'm expecting.

I changed my oil the other weekend (500km's) with redline MT85
    so planning on just chucking this straight in

First 1-200km are pretty nasty... Stay away from 2500rpm as much as possible
    3k km on my full set of 80 duro jbr, it's noisier than stock, but vibration wise, pretty good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    3k km on my full set of 80 duro jbr, it's noisier than stock, but vibration wise, pretty good

That's what I have heard most about the JBR is the added noise and mainly gearbox whine...
    so I wanna give this stuff a go ... if it makes any different i suppose its a good thing

15. Default

Just Ordered some Redline LSFM, will arrive tomorrow
    keen to check it out in the Gen 2 LSD!

installed my rear engine mount for mps 6 . CPE 70duro. barely notice any difference which is good as i wanted to keep the comfort level.
    happy with it and took me 10mins to install including torquing it up.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    ahaha sweet... that's kinda what I'm expecting.

I changed my oil the other weekend (500km's) with redline MT85
    so planning on just chucking this straight in
    that will be just fine its exactly what I did.it does help reduc the noise abit

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post

very true

Ok I need a drivers side mount for a 07 mps 88? 75? 70? all I need is some were to get one!
    Can anyone steer me in the right direction

Cheers David
    Last edited by Foot; 24-01-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brissy_MPS3 View Post
    Is there a general consensus as to what brand mount is the best?

Is it worth upgrading all the mounts at once?

My gearbox makes that little clunk when shifting so I am after a fix. New oil and mounts should go ok from what I have read. I was looking at the cs inserts to minimise vibrations but how long do the inserts last?
    I had the JBR 70 duro rear engine mount installed a few weeks ago when the car was in for the 20,000 km service. Also replaced tranny fluid with Castrol Syntrans.

Driving back to the office, the vibrations were godawful. Noise was huge, but not in a terrible way. A bit droney but not too bad.

Now have around 800km on the mount - the vibration and noise have died down a lot, but still getting substantial vibration on clutch friction point and on over run. I heard these mounts take a while to settle down so I'll re-assess later, although it feels 'almost normal' apart from the clutch friction point and over run. The extra noise, whilst not as loud as that first day, actually sounds good. I always though the 2.3 sounded like arse and the extra noise does a good job in masking that.

In terms of the way it changes the car, very pleased. With the jbr shifter bushings, new oil and the rmm, the box finally behaves itself. 1-2 is still a bit of a pain when cold, but the other gears are awesome now. Still get the shift clunk occasionally but less than before. Torque steer is still there but hugely reduced.

I tried installing the jbr ssp, but it keeps fouling my airbox, even with spacers on the box. Perhaps they weren't aligning up properly. Even so, if the box needs to be raised that high, then the pipe from the cai won't fit properly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast