User Tag List

Thread: Locked to S/N: 5276

1. Default Locked to S/N: 5276

So I went about reflashing my ECU tonight and I came across this "Locked to S/N: xxxx" underneath the brieft description of one of the maps.

Does anyone know what this means?

I flashed with another map (as I originally intended) and it appears it has loaded. I presume it has worked because the CEL light I originally wanted to clear has disappeared (I did the EGR delete).

See picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	14811

Cheers
    B

what's your AP serial #?
    probably means you edited the map, then loaded it onto your AP, so (in theory) you're unable to load it onto another AP

Just download another map from Cobb website

What is the serial number of the AP?

It just means that the map was orginally loaded on an AP with that serial number
    If the serial number of the AP and the map do not match these can be converted by loading into ATR and saving again

If you have had a custom tune done by a Pro-tuner, these maps are generally locked to a device and cannot be moved over without interaction from Cobb or the Pro-tuner

Peter "SLIXX"

5. Default

Ah yes, the S/N on back of the AP matches the map. So am I right in presuming the 'locked' one won't interfere with the current loaded map?

thanks for the quick replies!

As long as the serial number match, you shouldn't have a problem
    If they didn't match it either wouldn't let you load it on the AP, or come up greyed and the AP won't let you load to to the car

Peter "SLIXX"

7. Default

hmm, that's weird coz it did come up grey when I scrolled over it and the SN matches... anyway, I'll just deleted it and re download. I'm sure it was only a minor adjustment that I made, like changing the LC limiter...

Quote Originally Posted by mps3er View Post
    hmm, that's weird coz it did come up grey when I scrolled over it and the SN matches... anyway, I'll just deleted it and re download. I'm sure it was only a minor adjustment that I made, like changing the LC limiter...
    It is the new version of ATR, downgrade to the previous version and it will fix it right up, I struck the exact same problem while tinkering with maps on Saturday. So once you downgrade ATR, get the earlier map, change the LC limit again, resave map, re-upload to AP, and it will reflash fine.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

9. Default

ok. i've rolled back the version on the ATR and will resave and reupload onto the AP. just to be sure the map has loaded properly.

all!

Thanks @Fizzy, had the same drama.

Thanks also @mps3er for posting this issue.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

what guys have said above, ive just downloaded the latest firmware for atr and tryed flashing a new map i just edited and it is locked, you can either roll back or request a new up to date copy of atr from cobb, locked to your serial number.

Mitch

12. Default

This is the link to request a new download of Access Tuner Race (ATR) from cobb. They processed mine within a couple of hours both times

COBB Tuning AccessTUNER Race Request Form

13. Default

This is the link to request a new download of Access Tuner Race (ATR) from cobb. They processed mine within a couple of hours both times

COBB Tuning AccessTUNER Race Request Form