User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap tyres

Default Cheap tyres

Just thought I would let know everyone about this tyre shop in Clayton south Melbourne. I have bought three sets from him so far and I cannot say much about this guy. Really cheap tyres and very good customer service
    This is where I bought my kinforest from.
    This morning I went to get price check on Hankook v12 and Michelin PSS. I compared the prices with Tirerack 235/40/18

Hankook v12
    >Tirerack USD944 delivered
    >Tyre barn AUD840 balanced n fitted

Michelin pilot super sport
    >Tirerack USD1204 delivered
    >Tyre Barn AUD1000 balanced n fitted

I can assure these are not old tyres which normally people sell on eBay(eg. Kumho ku36 235/40/18 selling for 145each where as kumho sell these to shop at much higher price)
    Feel free to give him a call (Pali)

As a fellow member just putting it out there if anyone ever wants to buy tyres. This is not my shop.
    Www.tyrebarn.com.au

Cheers
    Harry
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Do tyre barn use Australian stock or are they Parallel imports like Tempe,Ozytyres ?
    Last edited by chef; 06-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.

It's Australian stock and there's no middle man .

Can you explain this parallel tyre importing thing? Never heard of it before and I buy my tyres from some local shop whose prices are always much better than the big names. I have Pirelli Nero on now. Got em for $180 each. Are my tyres poo?

Welcome to Cornwall Stodart :: Cornwall Stodart Lawyers
    Have a read^^^^ really informative

if it was me il Pay more money and get the warranty/proof that the tyres are legit.

Me personally I just buy from places that I believe are honest, and I get the cheapest price possibly.Ordering from overseas clearly has its risks. I would sooner pay a little more knowing i supported a local business and have the ability to speak to someone face to face if so wrong mething was to go.

One of my brand new tyre was wobbly so i went back to same shop and he gave me brand new one and sent the faulty one back to company.so much easier you know.
    i cant really comment whether your tyre is good or not but put it this way , ur local seller sell em for 180 and bob jane or other big tyre shop sell the same tyre for 340bux. there has to be a reason for being cheap. but then again tyre sidewall wont just pop out lol

Wow thats nice pricing on PSS, good find

That's a chep find the cheapest I could find was from Bobjane $1028 for the Michelins fitted which is good 225/40/18
    235/40/18 are heaps cheaper than 225/40/18
    Last edited by chef; 06-08-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Can you explain this parallel tyre importing thing? Never heard of it before and I buy my tyres from some local shop whose prices are always much better than the big names. I have Pirelli Nero on now. Got em for $180 each. Are my tyres poo?
    Target got stung recently by buying parallel imports with there cosmetics, turned out to be Fake.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    That's a chep find the cheapest I could find was from Bobjane $1028 for the Michelins fitted which is good 225/40/18
    235/40/18 are heaps cheaper than 225/40/18
    Ye 235 are common n that's why cheaper

Yeh I figured he'd imported them but didn't see a problem, ill have a read of that thanks!

Also Advanced Tyres in Richmond are pretty good!
    Most 'cheap' tyre places here are parallel imports, ALWAYS make sure you check the manufacturing date stamp prior to accepting tyres.

They are good prices. Michelin tyres from Tirerack will be made in USA. I'm assuming the Michelin tyres we get in Australia would be made in Europe somewhere?

What @Jmac sir said always check the date n m not sure abt the country but guessing they are made in Europe.

The best deal to be had with tyres is to find a dealer with a price matching policy that way you can get a quote from Internet or some dodgy parallel imports tyre shop and have it priced matched with Fresh Australian stock with warrenty.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The best deal to be had with tyres is to find a dealer with a price matching policy that way you can get a quote from Internet or some dodgy parallel imports tyre shop and have it priced matched with Fresh Australian stock with warrenty.
    I have tried that and all of them firmly denied to match the price once I told them shop name. Lol. They all in a same market n aware of dogdy ass shops so it's pretty hard

scoos me sir, can u price match ebay price of $50 per corner ku36? cheers ay

Is it just me, or is there pretty much nothing on that TyreBarn website?
    No prices, sizes, or availability? ...

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Is it just me, or is there pretty much nothing on that TyreBarn website?
    No prices, sizes, or availability? ...
    Ye they got nothing on website just a address n phone. You gonna have to give him a call

If a business can't understand the value and importance of a valid website in this age, they don't get my business
    Thanks for the reply though, @Mr.Harry !

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    scoos me sir, can u price match ebay price of $50 per corner ku36? cheers ay
    Bobjane policy is too match even the dodgy ones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast