User Tag List

Thread: modding my 07 mps. current mods fmic, corksport intake, hypertech tuner, higher psi

1. Default modding my 07 mps. current mods fmic, corksport intake, hypertech tuner, higher psi

hey i have just bought a 2007 mps, its got a front mount hypertech ect, i wanted to get a dump pipe. the guy that sold me the car said all it really needs is 1 of the cat's removed and a dump pipe, then a good tune. (he's mate said he can do the dump pipe fitted for $1000 which seems a bit pricey) The guy bought the car from a dealership and started modding it.

but im not getting much with traction.. so i was thinking the rmm and transmission motor mount to maybe? then a tune?
    he upp'd the psi to 1.2bars .. which im not that happy with. but i LOVE the car iv had mostly jap cars i was going to buy a s15 and i got a mps. loving it atm.

just wondering if thats a cheap price for the dump pipe, if there good mod's he said if i get a 3" exhaust itll be a bit to much. it doesnt need it atm. i was thinking of mrtproformance doing the work but i'd like to hear suggestions ect.

Jump up into the members ride thread and check out others mods, will give you an idea on what and how others have approached modding. Plenty of stuff in the threads in regards to tuning also!

3. Default

i have seen a ton of threads on what to do, what people have done, i also have a dual port bov and the got the guards all rolled. im acually getting the downpipe no matter what but i was wondering whats the diffrent from the $300 one's to the $700 cp-e and other expensive ones.

if staying on stock turbo, a "race pipe" is all that's needed... it's a straight pipe that replaces 2nd cat... ebay ones are usually cat-less
    also if touching exhaust, get fuel pump upgrade

how did he up the boost??? tune or just a boost controller?

not a fan of MRT personally... there is people here who are, but i'm not...
    traction is very much dependant on how the tune brings on boost + tires
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

17 psi your at is about right ,but as sarcastic how was this achieved , and $1000 for DP and fit is cheap , CPE $800 and usually about 5 hours labour is required so about $1300 in total.
    With your mods and tune traction in first and 2nd will be nonexistent anyway but a proper tune will hold back boost a bit early in the rev range which helps .
    but as others have said there is plenty of info on forums for the answers u seek