User Tag List

Thread: 6 mps lowering springs and shocks

Talking 6 mps lowering springs and shocks

anyone know a good place in sydney area to get lowering springs and shocks to match for decent price and decent brand
    probably will install myself ? what kinda money am i looking at?

cheersss

Quote Originally Posted by skeino View Post
    anyone know a good place in sydney area to get lowering springs and shocks to match for decent price and decent brand
    probably will install myself ? what kinda money am i looking at?

cheersss
    Not sure about a good place in Sydney for decent prices, but try give @gslrallysport a call for a quote as they are one of our site vendors. Popular choice for shocks and spring combo seems to be Bilstein B8 with Eibach Pro Kit.
    Last edited by Krs; 06-08-2013 at 10:01 AM.

alright will do thanks dude!

gsl was great!! i brought B8 from them for a good price, quick postage and great advice.
    Im using King springs.... i feel that they maybe a bit stiff for my liking..
    Has anyone experienced the difference between Eibach and Kings?

Quote Originally Posted by Chasonie View Post
    gsl was great!! i brought B8 from them for a good price, quick postage and great advice.
    Im using King springs.... i feel that they maybe a bit stiff for my liking..
    Has anyone experienced the difference between Eibach and Kings?
    Are the B8's adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by Krs View Post
    Are the B8's adjustable?
    Nope
    Shock and spring combos aren't adjustable
    Can vary height slightly by using different springs, that's it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Nope
    Shock and spring combos aren't adjustable
    Can vary height slightly by using different springs, that's it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm stuck with a hard decision on B8 + H&R springs or H&R coilovers. Let's say around $400-$500 difference in price between the 2 choices..

I run b8s and h&r.. ride is firm but comfy. coilovers are almost always more harsh then a decent shock/spring combo. If you want adjustability = coils. If you want a comfy ride = b8s + springs.
    if i had my time again i wouldve got coils. I like having my car slammed or able to be slammed and I cant do that with my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I run b8s and h&r.. ride is firm but comfy. coilovers are almost always more harsh then a decent shock/spring combo. If you want adjustability = coils. If you want a comfy ride = b8s + springs.
    if i had my time again i wouldve got coils. I like having my car slammed or able to be slammed and I cant do that with my setup.
    I know that the shocks and springs will be more comfy, the adjustability on the coils is also a plus too.. Spending that extra $400-$500 can actually go to something else though.. Tough choice for me hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Im running coilovers and are comfortable and the mrs does not whinge about it.... you can adjust it to be soft or firm... my opinion coilovers ftw

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

anyone give me a rough price range for a set of b8s and springs pretty pleasse

Quote Originally Posted by skeino View Post
    anyone give me a rough price range for a set of b8s and springs pretty pleasse
    I think 280 for king springs and 800 for b8s

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

cheers thanks dude!

sorry to be such a noob but if a set of coilovers is made to fit a standard mazda 6 GG 2006 will it fit my 2006 mps 6?