User Tag List

Thread: Hi everyone! Buying MPS 3 this week but can't decide which one!

1. Default Hi everyone! Buying MPS 3 this week but can't decide which one!

Hey everyone!

My names Jay and I just signed up for the forums. I've been lurking for a few months while researching cars and I've decided on a MPS.

I'm looking at a 3 with relatively low km's. I really like the old BK shape so I'm going with either a 2007 or 2008. I'm looking for a stock one too.

On a side note the majority of MPS' on carsales are listed as "female owner" which I highly dought haha. If it was 50/50 then fair enough but I think most people are trying to pull a dodgy.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated as I'm going to make a purchase in the next week if they are ok mechanically.

Thanks!

Jay
    Last edited by Jay 1701; 04-08-2013 at 10:59 PM.

2. Default

If you're after a BK you should look for a 2008 model.
    The updated interior look nicer than the 06 & 07 models in my opinion, especially in the sports pack.

My advice; Dont rush. Period.

Last thing you wanna do is rush into buying one and ending up with something that's going to cost you thousands later.
    I'm also with @Furrymeatball, go for the 08 sports model. It is a lot nicer, and worth getting seeing as though you spend your time looking at the inside of the car when driving along than the outside!.

Just check for smoking turbo, rattles on startup, ticking timing chain, and then the usual things you'd check over in a FWD car. Clunky 1-2 gearshift, knocking CV joints on full lock, the "wong-wong" noise from the gearbox etc.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

4. Default

Thanks for the replies!

I just bought one with your feed back in mind.

I've gone and looked at a few and some have been really sketchy. The one I got was extremely clean. It is in an immaculate condition and is the later model MY08 with the improved interior. Is in great shape inside and out. Credit to the owner who I think had OCD there wasn't a scratch anywhere even on the interior.

i'm picking it up Tuesday so I'll post some picks after I get it.
    Be assured that I'll be annoying everyone with question and DIY stuff haha. Nothing major maybe just a catch can and a few other little things.

cheers everyone
    Jay
    Last edited by Jay 1701; 08-08-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Nothing major. ....hehehehe....famous last words around here

congrats on rhe buy...gen1's are the ducks nuts, but I'm just bias

Lol at nothing major.
    It all starts with an intake..

Congratulations mate. Enjoy!

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.

Once you have driven and heard an MPS with an intake and Hypertech you will be making purchases for sure.

I agree Gen 1's look better, welcome to the club!

Welcome,what everyone else said , that's what they all say when they join here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 1701 View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

I just bought one with your feed back in mind.

I've gone and looked at a few and some have been really sketchy. The one I got was extremely clean. It is in an immaculate condition and is the later model MY08 with the improved interior. Is in great shape inside and out. Credit to the owner who I think had OCD there wasn't a scratch anywhere even on the interior.

i'm picking it up Tuesday so I'll post some picks after I get it.
    Be assured that I'll be annoying everyone with question and DIY stuff haha. Nothing major maybe just a catch can and a few other little things.

cheers everyone
    Jay
    Sounds similar to the car I just bought!
    What colour did you get?
    It seems to be the way with these cars, either are in immaculate condition, or pretty sketchy. Glad you got a good one!

Oh, and don't be afraid to ask questions. As long as you have a bit of a search before asking, ask away!
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Get an extra few K from bank and just go nuts!

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Once you have driven and heard an MPS with an intake and Hypertech you will be making purchases for sure.

I agree Gen 1's look better, welcome to the club!
    When I purchased my MPS I said "I'm gonna keep it stock.. It has enough power"
    Then I purchased an intake and hypertech and now I've caught the bug and want moree! Haha
    2008 MPS3 Sports Pack - Metro Grey

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

Congrats mate!

Keeping it fairly stock is what I said too. Maybe just some nice wheels will do I said. It's been 6 months of ownership and I've spent more money modifying it than paying for it. Whoops

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk

13. Default

Thanks! Yea I've seen a few that were beat up pretty badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    What colour did you get?
    I got a red one. I would have slightly preferred a black/grey one but it was in such good condition that I couldn't pass it up.

I'm just doing a few little things to start like changing all the interior cabin lights and number plate lights to LEDs so I'll start a new thread for that.

I wanted to change the dash (rev, speedo) from red to blue but now I'll keep it because it all matches up.

Thanks again everyone for the welcome!

14. Default

Don't worry he has already been in mine with SRI TIP Hypertech flash and Forged BPV. We will see how long he lasts, hey Jay?
    Ant

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2