User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stft very high at WOT

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Hey lup thanks man, read it, really understanding now! Could you please if u have time, tell me ur ltft at idle? I'm up near -18 at idle and -7 at part throttle which I understand is normal anyway but the idle confuses me. Also does ur AFR go into the nines at WOT?

Basically the the -17/18 ltft at idle, the +56 stft at wot and the noise which comes and goes at around 4000rpm are all related. I'm positive. I'm also positive there is no leak in the intake. The cause is between TB and exhaust. Im thinking injector seals (mazda did something here last time they looked at it). It holds boost fine but somewhere along the way, after being cooled it has to be escaping. To me this will explain everything.
    Sorry for the delay, I've been finally able to get a run to see what the AFRs are like. Both in 3rd and 4th, my AFRs also head towards 9.8 at redline. I forgot to look at STFT but i also get large +ve figures from memory.

my LTFT are normally around -10 at idle goes about -7 when cruising. I did go to -15ish for a bit, but went back. Your LTFT are quite a lot more negative than mine

Hypertech definately seem to run very rich. I dont know what the deal with the STFT are though.

I will be going through the intake system and boost tubes over the weekend, but will be flashing with Cobb AP stage 2 tune. I will see how it goes with Cobb.
    Last edited by lup15; 05-09-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I've been finally able to get a run to see what the AFRs are like. Both in 3rd and 4th, my AFRs also head towards 9.8 at redline. I forgot to look at STFT but i also get large +ve figures from memory.

my LTFT are normally around -10 at idle goes about -7 when cruising. I did go to -15ish for a bit, but went back. Your LTFT are quite a lot more negative than mine

Hypertech definately seem to run very rich. I dont know what the deal with the STFT are though.

I will be going through the intake system and boost tubes over the weekend, but will be flashing with Cobb AP stage 2 tune. I will see how it goes with Cobb.
    Post a log

@rayd I didn't log the runs. I'll see if I can log later tonight, but I have always found the logs don't have good resolution as I'm using torque for andriod. do you know if I can use the AP to log while I still have the hypertech installed?

@rayd I didn't log the runs. I'll see if I can log later tonight, but I have always found the logs don't have good resolution as I'm using torque for andriod. do you know if I can use the AP to log while I still have the hypertech installed?
    Ahh I see, unfortunately the AP won't log without being installed
    Doesn't hurt to see what it looks like anyway

Yeh I'm giving up until AP arrives. Definitely something making my car run rich (even more so than hypertech does) but only once over 4000 rpm. Did about 150k staying under 3500 (fkn boring) last few days and my stft hovers around -2/-3 and the ltft around -6/-7.

Once I start driving properly with boost and the whole rev range being used, bang trims skyrocket. I'm still thinking my injectors are leaking though. When I do a boost leak test it has a very strong odour of fuel which I don't remember having before.

In the end it hasn't thrown any CEL's, boost holds fine and car still goes very nice. Anyway thanks for looking at your Hypertech logs for me. @lup15

Dont worry about your STFT that is not the concern at the moment , As you state LTFT -6 to -7 % is quiet normal and good at cruising . Anything under -10% is good.
    Mine 110 klm,s hr light throttle is -4.9% sometimes dropping to -3.9% , once fully warm idle is approx -7.2% .
    I would recommend not pushing your car until you resolve the issue as it seems that high LTFT that you have stated previously , really translates to the CPU subtrackting heaps of fuel from the MAP range > this means NOT GOOD.

7. Default

@Oldhead; is right. For LTFT to be within +- 7% of fueling targets with a generic tune is actually pretty good. Try not to focus on STFT as this number is always changing. You will know there is an issue with the hardware or tune if you start seeing anything +-15%. Hypertech's limitation is the fact that it only allows off the shelf maps OTS. Our cars really do need custom tunes...even the OTS maps offered by Cobb for the AP require attention most of the time. However, their OTS maps have gotten much better over the years.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123