User Tag List

Thread: Front swaybar bushes

Default Front swaybar bushes

I need to replace mine. Car is 90000kms old now and have noticed many a noises coming into driveways etc..
    Everyone says to replace the swaybar bushes so am wondering aftermarket or oem?
    I know I can get the the oem ones from mazda for $40odd, are aftermarket ones even available?? I can't seem to find or more likely don't know what to search for..
    I'm also putting in some B6s, RSB and a REM from the electric focus (I'm vibe phobic) at the same time. Anything else I should be thinking of?

EDIT: I found this wishbone bushes? Is this what I'm looking for or something completely different?

Oh and thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Rob777; 29-07-2013 at 03:55 PM.

depends where the noises are coming from. end links. lower control arm bushes. sway bar bushes. dont go buying anything until you actually find out where the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    depends where the noises are coming from. end links. lower control arm bushes. sway bar bushes. dont go buying anything until you actually find out where the issue is.
    Ok I was under the impression not much goes wrong under the front except for swaybar bushes and rem. I haven't looked underneath, not that I know what I'm looking for anyway lol.

I want to start with known things that fail and go from there.

It would be logical to take to mechanic first but I simply don't have the time. I planned on buying everything and taking to mechanic with a case or two and watch.

This ^^

I had annoying front end noises going into driveways, tightened my front end links and it went away. Try things like that first
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    This ^^

I had annoying front end noises going into driveways, tightened my front end links and it went away. Try things like that first
    Yeh right.. Even big clunks?? Spose if noises can be fixed just by tightening things it's worth a try before buying parts. Reading up on these though it seems very common, particularly with kms around the same that the bushes go..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Ok I was under the impression not much goes wrong under the front except for swaybar bushes and rem. I haven't looked underneath, not that I know what I'm looking for anyway lol.

I want to start with known things that fail and go from there.

It would be logical to take to mechanic first but I simply don't have the time. I planned on buying everything and taking to mechanic with a case or two and watch.
    the three things i listed are the known things.

the three things i listed are the known things.
    Yeh thanks man I'll get mechanic to check everything you have suggested first. I guess I'm just being lazy, it's not like my bank account can afford stuff that isn't broke anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Yeh right.. Even big clunks?? Spose if noises can be fixed just by tightening things it's worth a try before buying parts. Reading up on these though it seems very common, particularly with kms around the same that the bushes go..
    Yes they sounded quite bad. Not little rattle-like clunks. I'm not saying it IS it, but just worth a squiz.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC