User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pcm2096!

Default Pcm2096!

So as some are aware, i'm at the beginning stages of my E Tune with Stratified....to date these guys have been awesome to deal with! After some initial consultation Mike provided me with a baseline map which i loaded yesterday....i was told that there needed to be 4 key things to monitor before i was to perform the instructed 3rd and 4th gear WOT logs....

1. Boost: Boost should not exceed 21psi (245 Kpa)
    2. Knock Retard: During WOT runs, KR should not exeed 2.0
    3. AFRs: AFRs at constant WOT should not exceed 12.0 (0.82 lambda)
    4. Fuel Pressure: should not drop below 1600psi (11000Kpa)

Unfortunately within a couple of 100ks of loading the map i received a 2096 CEL which i see is lean A/Fs.

I decided to log a reasonbly spirited run this afternoon to see if anyone could see anything good or bad before i go ahead and perform any WOT logs...

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LRRH; 29-07-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Ok from what i can see you are getting CRAZY lean almost 20.0 @ WOT.
    DO NOT go WOT until this is fixed, or you will most likely crack a piston/block from the engine temp generation.

also for future: Set unit to empirical rather than metric - makes it alot easier to read
    and
    Cut your logs down to the WOT sections for convenience.

Thanks @rayd ...i will heed the warning and send the datalog off to Mike. Not completely clear about your suggestion with the datalog settings but will take a closer look at this tomorrow and try and work out how to adjust as suggested...

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Thanks @rayd ...i will heed the warning and send the datalog off to Mike. Not completely clear about your suggestion with the datalog settings but will take a closer look at this tomorrow and try and work out how to adjust as suggested...
    When the COBB is plugged into the car you can change the units to metric so you can understand them easier on the fly.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Basically in the AP go to About->Units and set it to Empirical rather than metric this will change the datalog units to make it easier to read

Yeah. Although we here in AUS like metric, Stratified will quote everything in imperial numbers

Peter "SLIXX"

Fck me Bobby. That's pretty hectic mate.

Catch a taxi tomorrow lol.

Flash back to an OTS map just in case.

In my experience P2096 was always attributed to the second O2 sensor after we had the DP's installed. Wouldn't imagine that's the same bow though. Clearly your ECU is screaming TOO LEAN!

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Fck me Bobby. That's pretty hectic mate.

Catch a taxi tomorrow lol.

Flash back to an OTS map just in case.

In my experience P2096 was always attributed to the second O2 sensor after we had the DP's installed. Wouldn't imagine that's the same bow though. Clearly your ECU is screaming TOO LEAN!

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Yeah mate...sent the log off to Mike for further analysis...let's see what he comes back with. Good idea re flashing a safe map back for now....
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

When I had the P2096 it was from an air leak after the Maf on my intake, on my car it was actually from where the rocker cover breather hose goes into the intake it was loose and letting un metered air into the intake system, this can also explain your lean condition in your logs.

Check your intake from the turbo back to the filter for leaks and also the breather hose.

Hope you find your problem quickly and can get back to tuning your car.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    When I had the P2096 it was from an air leak after the Maf on my intake, on my car it was actually from where the rocker cover breather hose goes into the intake it was loose and letting un metered air into the intake system, this can also explain your lean condition in your logs.

Check your intake from the turbo back to the filter for leaks and also the breather hose.

Hope you find your problem quickly and can get back to tuning your car.
    Cheers.
    Thanks for the tip mate..... @2XS any chance we can look this over tomorrow?

oh and its worth mentioning that the Cel appeared after no more then about 100ks worth of driving with the new stratified map so i'm hoping it might just mean just tweaking to the map??

car running lean = extra intake post MAF

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    car running lean = extra intake post MAF
    Sorry Sam....what do u mean by extra intake? Could this be the map's calibration or do you think there's something mechanical going wrong. The cel only came up not long after i loaded the baseline stratified map...

sorry, extra air getting in post MAF... so between MAF sensor and turbo

ahh ok, so another loose hose somewhere ...Will do a once over again tomorrow....thanks mate

so checked and tightened everything up, cleaned the maf sensor, then cleared the code. Will see if that solves the problem. As usual thanks everyone for their imput

At lest the fuel trim wasn't that lean, only an error!

Good luck with E-TUNING.

so checked and tightened everything up, cleaned the maf sensor, then cleared the code. Will see if that solves the problem. As usual thanks everyone for their imput
    Plug in access port, set it to AFR, roll onto the throttle from ~3000 rpm...
    If you see it go higher than 12.0 let off throttle asap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I had a very stubborn P2096 code a year or so ago, mine was DP/O2 sensor related.

Yeah i've also had the 2096 code relating to the O2 sensor, just @rayd comment is worrying me about the car running too lean. I've sent the log off to the tuner to receive feedback from him as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast