User Tag List

Thread: Need Help with Direction lights pls

Default Need Help with Direction lights pls

Hi guys,
    Did anyone has this problem before?
    During washing my car suddenly Left Direction Indicator light (Front Side Rear) on.
    Tried anything like Dryer the light box (Front and Rear),Check the siren cause connect to indicator light still no use.
    Even tried turn on right indicator lights,the left side wont off so It's like hazard light on.
    So at the moment i took off the fuse for it but i cannot use for drive .
    Please any advise. guys?
    Cheers.

Is the light flashing, or just staying on?

Sounds like you have somehow got water somewhere you shouldn't, and it is shorting a connection.

I would try letting the car dry right off for a couple of days, and see if the issue corrects itself, or get it to a auto electrician.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Is the light flashing, or just staying on?

Sounds like you have somehow got water somewhere you shouldn't, and it is shorting a connection.

I would try letting the car dry right off for a couple of days, and see if the issue corrects itself, or get it to a auto electrician.
    It is Flashing.
    Thats what i thought too,its so annoying.
    Did try blow heater each part but still going

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    It is Flashing.
    Thats what i thought too,its so annoying.
    Did try blow heater each part but still going
    Updating:
    Its not flashing anymore just On.Dam....

Try removing the flasher can and cleaning and drying the contacts and socket.

+1 sounds like you've got water where water ain't meant to go.

You want to dry it properly so as not to grow corrosion on the contacts, maybe try jaycar for some plastic friendly contact cleaner.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Try removing the flasher can and cleaning and drying the contacts and socket.

+1 sounds like you've got water where water ain't meant to go.

You want to dry it properly so as not to grow corrosion on the contacts, maybe try jaycar for some plastic friendly contact cleaner.

Good luck.
    Tomorrow I'll try again and this time gonna take bulb off and dry it (front and rear)but the side one one,how can i pull it off??
    Is there any clip or something like that which hold the plastic cvr?
    Cheers mate

Not sure about the 3 but on the 6 you slide it back (or forward?) and it pops out without too much stuffing about.

They are a sealed unit I think, so you won't get access to the globe, just the connector on the back.

Did go to auto electrician and he cannot find what is the problem and charged me $100 LoL.
    He "assume" is the body control module or maybe the alarm system.
    So anyone ever had same like this before???? PLease let me know guys.
    Thanks

Hmm - tried a Mazda service centre? Don't take it in, just call and ask if they've seen it before and can they quote you on a repair.... They'll probably tell you exactly what's gone wrong and then you'll know where to look yourself - or you might just decide to let them deal with it. (I'm assuming you are not under warranty.)

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Hmm - tried a Mazda service centre? Don't take it in, just call and ask if they've seen it before and can they quote you on a repair.... They'll probably tell you exactly what's gone wrong and then you'll know where to look yourself - or you might just decide to let them deal with it. (I'm assuming you are not under warranty.)
    Will do tomorrow or next week or so.
    Didnt have the warranty anymore (

11. Default

Is the alarm an aftermarket item? If so it sounds like the module circuit that intercepts the indicators and flashes them when you lock and unlock the car has failed. Get it to a car audio joint near you and get em to check it out. We have this problem with all brands of car that have aftermarket alarms and the way we fix it is either 1.. remove the aftermarket alarm module and just leave it at that or 2..replace the alarm with a newer better one. Hope this helps pal

Quote Originally Posted by PRN715 View Post
    Is the alarm an aftermarket item? If so it sounds like the module circuit that intercepts the indicators and flashes them when you lock and unlock the car has failed. Get it to a car audio joint near you and get em to check it out. We have this problem with all brands of car that have aftermarket alarms and the way we fix it is either 1.. remove the aftermarket alarm module and just leave it at that or 2..replace the alarm with a newer better one. Hope this helps pal
    But mine is original stock from mazda and yes i found out sometime when i open up with remote, its unlock the door but alarm still on when i open it.
    So i have to make sure when i unlocked or locked the door till i hear the beeping sound,once when i lock and twice when i unlock it.
    Otherwise even the doors is unlock but not beeping,alarm still on when open the door (
    I dont mind to remove all the alarm system but i heard when its original stock gonna cost a lot and pain in the butt,is that true??
    Cause it was setting with the body control module or whatever it is and also with my key remote.

13. Default

If its factory then there are 2 types. the one that comes with the car from mazda in japan and one that you can upgrade to at the dealership. if it is the one from mazda japan then it will be expensive. if it is the upgrade one then it should just be a module that piggybacks off the bcm and should b as simple as unplugging it and getting rid of it. the way to tell which one you have is if you lock and unlock the car it beeps or not. beeps....upgrade. no beeps.......factory. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by PRN715 View Post
    If its factory then there are 2 types. the one that comes with the car from mazda in japan and one that you can upgrade to at the dealership. if it is the one from mazda japan then it will be expensive. if it is the upgrade one then it should just be a module that piggybacks off the bcm and should b as simple as unplugging it and getting rid of it. the way to tell which one you have is if you lock and unlock the car it beeps or not. beeps....upgrade. no beeps.......factory. good luck
    Sweet,yeah hopefully its the upgrade one coz its beep when i click.
    So hopefully its cheap as well when i uninstall it
    Cheers man.

Close this thread please.
    Cause the problem suddenly all good now,dunno how lol.

Closed